Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

• 24-11-2009 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Great series, pity it ended so abruptly.

Shirley Manson was brilliant. When Sean Henry started asking "I am thinking of a 'erb" I was thinking its a dead give away no Scottish person would call a herb an 'erb. :D

Not sure if this should be in TV or here!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Elmo wrote: »
    Great series, pity it ended so abruptly.

Shirley Manson was brilliant. When Sean Henry started asking "I am thinking of a 'erb" I was thinking its a dead give away no Scottish person would call a herb an 'erb. :D

Not sure if this should be in TV or here!

I thought it was pretty good. I (mostly) liked the way they elaborated on the basic Terminator storyline without going OTT. I though the best bit was where Reese and Jessie realised that although they were both from the future and both were lovers in the future they were from different futures.

More discussion in TV here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055216005&highlight=sarah+connor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I thought it was pretty good. I (mostly) liked the way they elaborated on the basic Terminator storyline without going OTT. I though the best bit was where Reese and Jessie realised that although they were both from the future and both were lovers in the future they were from different futures.

More discussion in TV here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055216005&highlight=sarah+connor

That went over my head, I think I might have missed an episode? When did they realize this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Elmo wrote: »
    That went over my head, I think I might have missed an episode? When did they realize this?
    The episode with Richard Schiff, IIRC.

The episode with Richard Schiff, IIRC.

Yeah that was a good episode, will rewatch! I am a thick. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

real pity it got cancelled.

The people behind it want to do a movie to tie it off but aren't sure if it can be done so soon after T4 came out.

I'd love to see some kind of resolution on what happens to John and Sarah following the end of season 2 - I thought the possibilities opened up by that ending were great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Hold so, since when has terminator the sarah connor chronicles been cancelled-since i thought the cliffhanger at the end of season 2 was soooo good....so this means no season 3?

I saw the newest terminator film, the one with christian bale and it is crap by comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

mehmeh12 wrote: »
    Hold so, since when has terminator the sarah connor chronicles been cancelled-since i thought the cliffhanger at the end of season 2 was soooo good....so this means no season 3?

I saw the newest terminator film, the one with christian bale and it is crap by comparison.

it was under threat in the lead up to the end of the second season, and was cancelled fairly shortly after the season ended. Was a massive cliffhanger at the end of the second season and it is really annoying that we will never get to see how it would have played out.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

What's even more frustrating is that FOX were going to save either 'Dollhouse' or 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles'. Joss Whedon persuaded them he had good things in store for 'Dollhouse' (despite us, the viewer, seeing very little of that) and he won.
    And lo and behold, 'Dollhouse' got cancelled a few weeks into a new season that's been very weak. Damn you Whedon!

ixoy wrote: »
    What's even more frustrating is that FOX were going to save either 'Dollhouse' or 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles'. Joss Whedon persuaded them he had good things in store for 'Dollhouse' (despite us, the viewer, seeing very little of that) and he won.
    And lo and behold, 'Dollhouse' got cancelled a few weeks into a new season that's been very weak. Damn you Whedon!

Yeah Whedon has been overrate ever since that Vampire thing he did years ago :) haha

They could bring the series back I don't think the main leads in T:TSCC will be in very many more programmes :(

I am guessing that in Season 3 that Savannah was going to play a major role in the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

ixoy wrote: »

Not to mention: "Will there be comic books or other follow-ups?". "Nah, there isn't really anywhere to go with it anyway".

• Advertisement

Trying to get the best TV of the decade going. I have nominated this for the finals. But suggestions on how to set this "awards" up would be appreciated.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055786748
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055786103

Advertisement