Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotbird Satellite - Signal lost

• 25-11-2009 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've lost Hotbird's signal today for no apparent reason. I haven't moved my antenna or change the set up on the receiver. It's been working fine for years but I don't get any signal today. Not sure what the issue could be....
    Does anyone know if there's a problem with Hotbird?

Thanks for your help

Phil

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

fptosca wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've lost Hotbird's signal today for no apparent reason. I haven't moved my antenna or change the set up on the receiver. It's been working fine for years but I don't get any signal today. Not sure what the issue could be....

Thanks for your help

Phil

I have a similar problem with AB3, a lot of wind (we are very exposed) last weekend and now no signal when it is calm and no rain, the box reports 20/30% signal, it's normally 90+ so i assume the dish moved.

Since the next storm is just starting, i think i will leave it a few days before i sort it out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

fptosca wrote: »

I doubt it

Mainly because there is more than one "Hotbird satellite" at 13 deg East. If one of them was to throw a wobbler you would still have some channels ? (ADDS: If there was sufficent redundancy/spare capacity on the other satellites you would still have them all albeit with a few hours downtime or a slight drop in signal strength)

I know for a fact all the main Cyfrowy_Polsat channels are still there

Advertisement