Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RaboDirect Question

Options
  • 25-11-2009 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Quick question about Rabbo Direct.
    Is anyone using this as their main bank account? I'm sick of bricks and mortar banks and want to move to an online service. Is is possible to use RD as your one and only bank? Whats the story with depositing money and withdrawal? I seen on their site that you use your regular bank account to add funds to your rabbo direct account. Can this be done with postal orders?

If anyone is using them I'd appreciate a heads up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

i have heard mixed reviews . Some say they are fine others have had no end of bother with transfering money etc .
    Why are you so sick of bricks and mortar banks?? To be honest in ireland i find the banks vary from branch to branch .
    I use 2 different branches of the same bank and the difference between dealing with the two is amazing , one bends over backwards the other makes you feel like an annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

I call them RaboDefect. Not sure why that thread was closed so I can't add anything there but thank God I finally got rid of them :P Received their confirmation in post yesterday.
    In my experience, very unreliable, unfriendly and incompetent. Perhaps a coincidence, but when I posted my negative feedback here, they started to run their dodgy ads on the radio again. Didn't hear it for a year or even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

bombidol wrote: »
    Quick question about Rabbo Direct.
    Is anyone using this as their main bank account? I'm sick of bricks and mortar banks and want to move to an online service. Is is possible to use RD as your one and only bank? Whats the story with depositing money and withdrawal? I seen on their site that you use your regular bank account to add funds to your rabbo direct account. Can this be done with postal orders?

It wouldn't be possible/practical to use them as your sole account provider. Money has to be paid in somehow (cheque/online transfer etc) and money has to be paid out to you (transfer to your bank account or cheque, which you would still have to pay into an account)

They're pretty much just for savings, not day-to-day banking. No ATM/Debit card etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I've had a Rabo account for a few years now and it works great. You can't use it for day to day banking though. I've found it easy enough to transfer money in and out of my account, it just takes a few days at most. I like that you can keep track of your interest so far for the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭itisyeah

JJ wrote: »
    I've had a Rabo account for a few years now and it works great. You can't use it for day to day banking though. I've found it easy enough to transfer money in and out of my account, it just takes a few days at most. I like that you can keep track of your interest so far for the year.

But the rates are terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I'd say most people wouldn't use them as a main account. I use them but just for savings.
    Haven't had any problems with them.

Advertisement