Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat rescue earns keeper a booking

• 25-11-2009 1:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Goalkeeper Ivan Banovic was booked after rescuing a pitch-invading cat during a top-flight match in Croatia.
    Medjimurje Cakovec's Banovic picked up the wandering feline after it strayed on to the pitch 20 minutes into his team's match at Sibenik.

He placed it safely near a scoreboard but was then booked by the referee for leaving the pitch without permission.

Media reports said the official's actions annoyed fans, who barracked him for punishing Banovic's kind deed.

If the moggy was a home fan, it would been left purring as Sibenik won 1-0 to go second in the table.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8374495.stm

Thats just brilliant. The referee deserved the abuse to be honest. Most nuts probably would have kicked the bloody thing!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

John Mullane rescued a dog during the 2007 Munster hurling final against Limerick, called it over and picked it up

He wasn't booked

It was funny

A photographer got a great picture of it also

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cat appeared during last years UEFA cup final

I say fair play to the goalie (I like cats :))

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Referees do themselves absolutely no favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I remember this little fella turning up at Highbury during a very tense match...

Rodent pitch invasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

What the ref did was cat.

(I'll just get my coat)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I remember this little fella turning up at Highbury during a very tense match...

Rodent pitch invasion

Was expecting a Gary Neville pic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He was within a whisker of being sent off. Ba-dum-dish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Yeah, I heard the manager went mad. Now the keeper wants to leave, I think there's a release claws in his contract.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

There's a cat in Dalymount, also there was a squirrel once.

There's a cat in Dalymount, also there was a squirrel once.

So the attendance doubled for a while?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Papa Smut wrote: »

We dream of the day they bring in the extra referees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Anyone remember the giraffe that came into the pitch at old trafford one day.

http://www.boxofficefootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/rio.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Sits here waiting for one of the Eircom League crew to inform you you're not a real fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

orourkeda wrote: »
    Anyone remember the monkey that came into the pitch at anfield one day.

http://temper4280.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/big20nose.jpg

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Have you learned to count to three yet or does your head still hurt after getting to two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

What the ref did was cat.

(I'll just get my coat)
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    Yeah, I heard the manager went mad. Now the keeper wants to leave, I think there's a release claws in his contract.

I don't think enough has been done to continue these fantastic awful puns.

Banovic, often said to be the catalyst of his team's good performance, has been linked with a host of Premier League clubs including Liverpool. Rafa Benitez has denied this though, saying that there isn't enough money in the kitty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Saw a donkey at a premiership match once - I believe it's name was "Neville".

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I remember a fox ran onto the pitch during an Old Firm game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Quint wrote: »
    I remember a fox ran onto the pitch during an Old Firm game

That was Gordon Strachan - don't let the red hair fool ya.

Advertisement