Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best music venues in Boston

Options
  • 25-11-2009 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations folks? Would love to catch a few gigs while I'm there. Also where's a good pub to find an open session (music that is) ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Should I repost this in the things to do forum mods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I was there last year and heard some great music in The Point, Henneseys and another pub or two near them in Faneuil Market Place, Bell X1 were playing in an Irish Bar on Boylston St, I'd say that place might be good too.

Thanks Spadina. Will look those places up

One more question..are there any good bars that have open music sessions (you know the type where you can join in)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I don't know about that I'm afraid...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Main venues for gigs would be the House Of Blues, Paradise Rock Club and Middle East. Look on Ticketmaster or LiveNation for gigs and it will give a full list of gigs and venues.

As for traditional irish music, a lot of irish bars would have a trad night, the only irish bar i go to that does is the Druid in Inman Sq on a tuesday and friday night http://www.druidpub.com/irishmusic.html (don't think you can join in tho). The Druid is one of the best bars in Boston.

Google some of the Irish Emigrant websites/newspapers in the US, they usually would advertise irish cultural events and are a good source for finding out which bars are showing the rugby and soccer games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Should I repost this in the things to do forum mods?
    We get information requests about Boston all the time on the North America forum. That may be the problem, in that it becomes repetitious for the few posters who are familiar with Boston?

Blue thinks out loud... Really can't sticky Boston specific information, or soon we might have a whole screen full of sticky cities? Solutions?
    One more question..are there any good bars that have open music sessions (you know the type where you can join in)?
    You play jazz? Wally's Cafe has Sunday afternoon jazz jams.
    Link: http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=34497

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Robbie444

Any recommendations folks? Would love to catch a few gigs while I'm there. Also where's a good pub to find an open session (music that is) ?

Head for Allston, Brighton on the west side as it has some really cool music venues/bars. This is the young hipster area of Boston so if it is good alternative music you are after then this is the place to go. This is also where Harpers Ferry is which is a very well known rock club.

Advertisement