Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itching for a Lan Before Christmas!

Options
  • 25-11-2009 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Anyone interested in setting up a Lan before christmas?

After buying a few things on Adverts, talked to a few stand up guys who all claim to be the best counter strike players in Ireland :) - I'd love to join any lans that might be going, and show you guys how to really play counter strike etc...

Well just want to put that out there, and see if anyone's interested in setting something up. I can Seat 8 people in an office in Dublin city centre where we could play late into the night - that will be free after December 10th. The only thing is people would have to take it fairly easy on noise and behaviour, so it would need to be a fairly quiet lan if such a thing exists (although theres no harm in pizza and a few beers).

If anyone else would be interested, let me know or if your planning a lan allready - please let me know, would prefare to join in if something is allready organised.

Take it easy guys,

Btw...what standard games are played at lans these days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

it would be absolutely amazing if there was a decent lan community in ireland moving around to different places, id absolutely love it.

Im not in dublin so wouldnt be able to go except for weekend nights, but for lan games, CoD4 is great, Battlefield 2 is uber, Team Fortress 2 can probably be played on lan( im only saying prob as its steam but might work without steam ). On the serious side Arma2 would be mega cool on Lan but not fun if everyone wasnt a regular player.

Love what youre planning though and would love to do it, only work the next day gets in the way lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

A decent dublin lan would be awesome, i know there are a few like gamecon and all that but its always full of retarded kids who cant work out hygiene and end up stinking the place out. I've heard good things about the lanparty.ie ones too, but they seem a bit "elitist" from what ive been told from a few people who went to the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

we here at the NOGs have been running LANs for the best part of 10 years.

we usually host the LANs in Sallynoggin and at least once a year we head down to Carlow for a weekend away of LANing.

We've moved away from CSS recently and are ripping it up on COD 5 & MW2.

but always enjoy a challenge at CSS... i'd pwn you all. ask anyone except Nix.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

zappb wrote: »
    Anyone interested in setting up a Lan before christmas?

After buying a few things on Adverts, talked to a few stand up guys who all claim to be the best counter strike players in Ireland :) - I'd love to join any lans that might be going, and show you guys how to really play counter strike etc...

Well just want to put that out there, and see if anyone's interested in setting something up. I can Seat 8 people in an office in Dublin city centre where we could play late into the night - that will be free after December 10th. The only thing is people would have to take it fairly easy on noise and behaviour, so it would need to be a fairly quiet lan if such a thing exists (although theres no harm in pizza and a few beers).

If anyone else would be interested, let me know or if your planning a lan allready - please let me know, would prefare to join in if something is allready organised.

Take it easy guys,

Btw...what standard games are played at lans these days?

I'd be up for a days being slaughtered over the christmas break. Lemme know if anythings happening.

Thanks,
    Lethal.

Advertisement