Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CONFIRMED: Michael Bisping vs. Wanderlei Silva to headline UFC 110

Options
  • 25-11-2009 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭

MMABay can confirm that the UFC have just issued bout agreements to both Michael “The Count” Bisping and Wanderlei “The Axe Murderer” Silva to become the main event for the promotion’s first trip to Australia in February next year.

The official fight contracts could be signed as early as this week, meaning the originally scheduled bout between Wanderlei and Japanese star, Yoshihiro Akiyama has been scrapped for the time being.

Bisping rebounded impressively from his first knockout loss of his career to defeat Canadian veteran, Denis Kang at UFC 105 via TKO earlier this month. The performance was one of the best of the Brit’s career and gave renewed hope to fans that a title was in the future of the man from Clitheroe.

Silva has lost five of his last six fights, with his only victory coming over Keith Jardine at UFC 84 in May last year. The fight will be the Brazilian legend’s first at middleweight, something that could have serious implications on his condition and cardio during the fight.

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%2003557.html

Not sure how true this is but I know MMA Bay are close with Bisping....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%2003557.html

Not sure how true this is but I know MMA Bay are close with Bisping....

Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;);) I have had some run ins with the shower of ****es who run MMABAY, they constantly steal stories from other sites, it's probably 1 of the worst MMA sites on t'interweb.

As for the fight, IF this comes off i hope that Wandy knocks him the feck out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This was meant to happen at 105 wasnt it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

rovert wrote: »
    This was meant to happen at 105 wasnt it

There was talks of it but Silva went away and got a new face. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

There was talks of it but Silva went away and got a new face. :D

Bisping might need one after this.

Maybe Silva can get Bisping a discount for referring him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 syncsyncboot

I like that fight!!!!

If Bisping fights like he did in round one of his fight with Kang - he will get smashed.

If he gets through round one... he has a good chance.

*I HATE BISPING AND WANDY IS IN MY TOP 4 P4P OF ALL TIME - BUT THATS HOW I SEE IT.

Unnecessary caps there but I couldn't handle anybody thinking I like Michael c**nt Bisping.

• Advertisement

I hope Wand breaks him. Bisping shouldn't be headlining any UFC show since he lost to Hendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I hope Bisping wins

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I see a repeat of the Jardine fight

And I thoroughly look forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maharg92

i'll be cheering for wandy in this one but i honestly think bisping will take this one by tko

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

maharg92 wrote: »
    i'll be cheering for wandy in this one but i honestly think bisping will take this one by tko
    I honestly think thats insanity:eek:
    The only people to tko silva are rampage,crocop,hendo and belfort and with the exception of belfort they put him out cold. I wouldnt put anything about bisping even close to them.
    I see silva putting him down hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

How desperate are the UFC for Bisping to be better than he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

All I have to say is

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET THIS GO AHEAD.

For those that didn't read it in the 109 thread, i'm going to UFC110, Say what you want about Bisping, but it certainly makes the card better. Hopefully the other rumoured fights go ahead. Please just make it official so I can buy tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

good fight.

If there was ever a good time to fight wanderlei, this is it. The wanderlei of pride would probably be locked up for manslaughter if he fought bisping. Present time, however, this is a close fight, and a tough one to call.

Im going with wanderlei via ko in the first or the second round..

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

Unfortunately i think that the " p**ck " will beat Wandy during this fight.

I do hope that Wandy turns up trying to get back to his best but Bisping looked very good against Kang and i think he has what it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Anyone up for an Early House to watch this? :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

I just feel Wanderlei is in the twilight of his career, he's still capable of knocking guys out i suppose, but his recent record isnt too good.Maybe the drop down in weight will suit Wanderlei, i hope so inanyway, he is a legend of the sport. I thought Bisping was brilliant against Kang though , i think momenteum is with Bisping in this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 syncsyncboot

I honestly think thats insanity:eek:
    The only people to tko silva are rampage,crocop,hendo and belfort and with the exception of belfort they put him out cold. I wouldnt put anything about bisping even close to them.
    I see silva putting him down hard.

Well...Bisping has only been KO'd once in 20 fights..... altthough that KO was bloomin' fantastic!!! :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Mellor wrote: »
    All I have to say is

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET THIS GO AHEAD.

For those that didn't read it in the 109 thread, i'm going to UFC110, Say what you want about Bisping, but it certainly makes the card better. Hopefully the other rumoured fights go ahead. Please just make it official so I can buy tickets

Are you kidding me?!

Bisping more exciting than Sexiyama?!!
    The Belcher fight is the only fight that Sexy's ever had that has gone the distance.
    And that was only because of the low blow and miscommunication from the ref.

Akiyama is one of the more exciting fighters out there.
    He'd have went for Silva, and it could have been a fight of the year contender.

Now you're gonna have a fight where Bisping runs away from Silva for 15 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Well...Bisping has only been KO'd once in 20 fights..... altthough that KO was bloomin' fantastic!!! :)!

Bisping has only really fought one real power hitter.
    Silva has fought them time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Are you kidding me?!

Bisping more exciting than Sexiyama?!!
    The Belcher fight is the only fight that Sexy's ever had that has gone the distance.
    The Belcher fight was great, I was a bit surprised at the way the decision being split. But other than that I have no really opinion on 'yama. Purely down to the fact that his previous fights weren't available for me here (I still have no access to pride, etc), This also means that I'm not familar with most of his previous fights.
    Anmd by improves the card, I mean the possibility of seeing another epic Bisping knock out is more than inviting :D All the smack talk, and as well as the fact that he has been more public creates a better build up. (I also think this is purely there to create an image and he might stop now that he is established, letting Matt Hardy take over the smack for a while)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Id rather watch bisping fight silva over sexy tbh. His last 2 fights were comeback of the year and knockout of the year contenders..

Sexy needs to move down to 170 anyway.

Advertisement