Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewood

Options
  • 25-11-2009 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi
    Can anyone recommend anyone selling firewood in Laois ?
    Based in Durrow but can travel.
    cheers
    joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

There's a few numbers for firewood suppliers in the small ads section in the Leinster Express; there seems to be a lot more people at this now than a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Hi Jack of,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I've seen them but was hoping that someone could recommend a crowd who they got some good dry firewood at a good price, the trouble with the small ads is your buying blind, if you know what i mean
    cheers
    joe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I know exactly what you mean Joe; I've bought softwood blocks myself in the past and bought them "blind". I was told they were "seasoned", "dry" and "ready for burning" and maybe they were when they were under cover in yer man's yard! But the reality is that I had to split myself and stack them for several months before I was happy that they were ready to use. I've seen "kiln dried" firewood advertised for sale, but it's expensive and I woulodn't be happy with it's "green credentials" if they're kiln drying it! Good luck with your search.

Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Hi Jack
    Thats what i want to avoid, but i dont mind storing some wood if it was cheap enough.
    cheers
    joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

How is this thread of the day? :confused:

(sorry I can't actually contribute...I don't buy firewood :o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Buy a chainsaw and make your own firewood.

Advertisement