Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zippo Repair

Options
  • 25-11-2009 4:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭

I've a Zippo I bought about a year and a half ago that just isn't working no matter what I do.

I reckon it's a problem with the flint wheel thingy. Zippo have their beautiful lifetime guarantee policy which I intend to make full well use of

Tried looking online for some sort of contact details for a Zippo dealer. Found nada for this city/country. (Now having said that my interwebs is having a stroke at the moment, so prolonged browsing is impossible)

Haven't been in the city centre in about two weeks, so I haven't had a chance to go into Duffy's or the locksmith's in Corbett Court to ask.

Anyone have any experience with Zippo's?

Also, I appreciate that this is probably a shot in the dark and most likely shouldn't be in the Galway forum. Oh well... I are well frickin desperate at this stage. :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Zippo Repairs

If you are UK RESIDENT, you can return your Zippo lighter to
    Zippo UK - Repair Admin Dept
    27 Grand Union Centre
    336B Ladbroke Grove
    London W10 5AS
    Tel: 020 8964 0666

Customers living outside the UK should contact their local Zippo distributor or go to www.zippo.com to find their nearest Zippo repair facility.
    Customers living in Europe can return their Zippo lighter to:

Zippo European Repair Clinic
    Groendahlscher Weg 87
    D-46446 Emmerich am Rhein
    Germany

There is no charge for a Zippo repair, do not enclose any money.
    Please allow 8 weeks for the return of your repaired Zippo lighter.
    Please ensure that you provide us with your name and address when returning your lighter.

The Zippo Lifetime Guarantee only applies to the mechanical condition of its products, the finish is not covered by the guarantee.
    When returning your lighter for repair, we recommend using insured post.

The Zippo Lifetime Guarantee only applies to Zippo Windproof Lighter. Other Zippo products (including the Multi Purpose Lighter) are not covered by a Lifetime Guarantee.

Taken from their UK site. I would try drop it to the locksmith's in Corbett Court first and see what they say though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

What exactly is wrong with the wheel?
    Is it too stiff to rotate?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Ireland

* Kapp & Peterson, Ltd.
    * Peterson House Sallynoggin
    * Dunlaoghaire
    * Co. Dublin
    * Ireland
    * Phone: +353 1 2851 011
    * Fax: +353 1 2856593

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Krieg wrote: »
    What exactly is wrong with the wheel?
    Is it too stiff to rotate?

Dented and worn like a mail order thai bride... There is no spark, (or a very little one) even with fresh flint.
    Ireland

* Kapp & Peterson, Ltd.
    * Peterson House Sallynoggin
    * Dunlaoghaire
    * Co. Dublin
    * Ireland
    * Phone: +353 1 2851 011
    * Fax: +353 1 2856593

Thanking you... I shall get onto them presently.

Once again, the Galway forum has helped solve my problems. Thank you, you wild and wonderful Westies.

Advertisement