Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Al Jazeera Buys out ART Sports

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I got a JSC card back in July which now only opens JSC1,2. I've been keeping an eye on the situation but I'm a little unclear about the situation.

Is it correct to say that I can upgrade it to give me the 10 sports channels?

None of these has EPL on them?

Is there an expectation that these same channels will have EPL next season?

if you have a blue JSC card then you can upgrade for 50€ at jsc-cards.com.

Stay away from orange Irdeto cards as they are having nothing but problems with them.

There's been rumours going round that EPL could come to JSC, the rights have been brought to EPL by a 3rd party non broadcaster who will sub lease the games out. Showtime hold the rights but lost out to Dubai media for 2011-2013. So theres hope. JSC have really put the anti up by having English studio coverage of games, with the likes of Lineker, Gullit, Trevor Francis, Terry Venables etc.

Also they are a non profitering broadcaster, which is even better for us punters.

Yes theyve had a few problems and they dont broadcast in 16/9, but 90% of their european sports is in English. I cant knock them at all.

I also have a cyfra+ sports HD sub, again best 150€ ive spent for a long time. No English coverage, but who cares when its in HD!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I can't help but think, if JSC do get their hands on EPL coverage, the games will end up exclusively on Arabsat frequencies.

I've just noticed that there's now JSC HD2, JSC Global and JSC Sports News (all only on Arabsat).

byte wrote: »
    I can't help but think, if JSC do get their hands on EPL coverage, the games will end up exclusively on Arabsat frequencies.

I've just noticed that there's now JSC HD2, JSC Global and JSC Sports News (all only on Arabsat).

Thats a possability, i read somewhere that JSC may be able to use arts old 12.015 transponder for extra JSC channels. Time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

before Showtime came along and fecked everything up for us, the old ART card used show up to 4 x 3pm EPL Saturday kickoffs.

Now that was value for money.

JSC is still fantastic but just a little leap needed to make it the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

I've got an Irdeto card for Hotbird that stopped working a while ago. The people I got it from were no help. If anyone ends up in this situation, here's what to do:

Find a working proxy in the Middle East, the one I used was in Saudi Arabia (you'll find one by googling "Saudia Arabia Proxy").

Change your IE or Firefox settings to use the proxy. Then go to this website:

https://sbs.aljazeerasport.net/SelfService/

Then click "Send Refresh Signal". You'll need the serial number from the card.

You can reactivate your card up to three times a day using that site.

• Advertisement

ro2 wrote: »
    I've got an Irdeto card for Hotbird that stopped working a while ago. The people I got it from were no help. If anyone ends up in this situation, here's what to do:

Find a working proxy in the Middle East, the one I used was in Saudi Arabia (you'll find one by googling "Saudia Arabia Proxy").

And how many times do you have to do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

snaps wrote: »
    And how many times do you have to do this?

Hopefully just the once. Card came on about thirty seconds after I did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

ro2 wrote: »

Thats a superb piece of info m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Pal wrote: »
    before Showtime came along and fecked everything up for us, the old ART card used show up to 4 x 3pm EPL Saturday kickoffs.

Now that was value for money.

JSC is still fantastic but just a little leap needed to make it the best.

Yep the little a acquisition of some EPL games next season would sling-shot it to one of the best footy providers out there

widely reported that viaccess 2.6 is compromised.

I was quite happy to pay £125 for an ART card.

Expect we will soon have to buy new cards and probably
    won't be as cheap either :(

• Advertisement

Pal wrote: »
    widely reported that viaccess 2.6 is compromised.

I was quite happy to pay £125 for an ART card.

Expect we will soon have to buy new cards and probably
    won't be as cheap either :(

Think you'll find that AJ blue cards are Via 3.0 and Orange cards are Irdeto 2. Not sure why they are still broadcasting a via 2.6 encyption as well unless there are still Via 2.6 cards in use.

Yes Via 2.6 has been compromised:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Right, thinking about taking the plunge and buying one of these ART/Al Jazeera cards. But before I do so I'd just like to make sure my receiver is compatible etc etc.

I have an Azbox Premium, pointing at 13e 80cm dish, is it as simple as putting it in the card slot and letting it kick-in?

So far the best offer I can see is this
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Art-Arabesque-Full-Al-Jazeera-2-In-1-Card-Live-EPL-FA_W0QQitemZ260548272407QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL?hash=item3ca9e32117

Is this too much to pay for so little left in the season? Al Jazeera 9 and 10 are not on this but is this where Scottish Premier resides? Come next season (August/September) could this be a dud?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Yes
    just stick it in the card reader slot

i bought my last 3 cards from the same company as your link

no problem. next day delivery.

http://www.marconidigital.com/product_info.php?cPath=334&products_id=1265

we just don't know what next year will bring.

you pays your money, etc.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I wouldnt bother wasting money at this stage of the year if you are only after premiership football.

Advertisement