Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul hart

Options
  • 25-11-2009 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Anyone think now he's been sacked we should approach him to look after our youth academy he has a good history with leeds and with nottingham forests acedemys and we really need to start bringing through our own talent instead of just buying it in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

I doubt he'd make a difference really! its just so hard to bring through players these days in my opinion!
    and besides, our academy isnt really that bad, is it??? Over the years, from the top of my head, there is King, Gardner, steven carr, o'hara and maybe others can think of some more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

gardner? come one man. he was / is a shocking player.

I'm not sayin he was any good! i'm just sayin he came through the system and was around for a while...thats all!

well anyone can come through if we dont have any standards. i think you should concentrate on what first team good players have come through and we have one, ledley king

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

whitey21 wrote: »
    I doubt he'd make a difference really! its just so hard to bring through players these days in my opinion!
    and besides, our academy isnt really that bad, is it??? Over the years, from the top of my head, there is King, Gardner, steven carr, o'hara and maybe others can think of some more

Gardiner came from Port Vale and O'Hara from the goons so thats just back to King and Carr!

• Advertisement

and lets face it carr was not great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

mickman wrote: »

at his best he was a very good player, better than any full back we have at he club now. however after that bad injury he was never the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Theres very few players coming through to first team football from any academy in the PL.

Lower league clubs yes, but the Premiership is all about instant results and the younger ones don't really get a chance.

I wish it was different in that clubs would bring through more of their young talent but it's not happening now and will probably some way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I thought Tottenham had a good academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

might not be the worst thing to do. instead of spending millions on young talent frm other clubs concentrate on bringing them tru our own ranks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo wrote: »
    at his best he was a very good player, better than any full back we have at he club now. however after that bad injury he was never the same again.

Agreed. Possibly the best full back in the league when he was at peak fitness before the injury.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Agreed. Possibly the best full back in the league when he was at peak fitness before the injury.

Made premier league team of the year twice, if my memory serves me right! Cant be a bad full back then really....or can you???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

mickman wrote: »
    Disagree,Steve Carr served Spurs well at right back for a good few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i also agree. Carr did great for us and its a real shame he left the club in such a mist so he's not remembered fondly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Why not just get Peter Storrie altogether or change our kit to blue !

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

His record at leeds and forest was impressive and he told Portsmouth to shovw their offer. Im wrestling with Portsmouth at 9-1 to beat United today. Fantastic odds and I rate Grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Seillejet wrote: »
    His record at leeds and forest was impressive and he told Portsmouth to shovw their offer. Im wrestling with Portsmouth at 9-1 to beat United today. Fantastic odds and I rate Grant.
    Grant's been there all of 5 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Gave them a bit of a fright in first half though. Portsmouth look like a retirement home for ex yids.

Advertisement