Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Team Members Wanted

Options
  • 25-11-2009 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I recently posted a thread wondering if there was any Irish Poker Teams/Squads similar to the Hendon Mob however nobody seems to know any.
    So here is my proposal I am looking to form an Irish Poker Squad, a team of players which will work off a group bankroll and split the profits. I am doing this for a few reasons:
    1. To reduce the variance suffered by all online poker players so tilt becomes less of a factor.
    2. Set up a community of young upcoming poker players who may not yet have the bankroll to make a run at online themselves.
    3. To kill the boredom that is often suffered by a player sitting on his own something that affects many players.

There are a couple of things squad members would have to adhere to such as very strict bankroll management, a minimum amount of hours per week and so on if there are any players genuinely interested in a project like this please leave me an IM or comment on the thread with some information or a link with some of there results online results preferably but hendon mob data would also help.
    Below is a link to my online statistics if anyone wishes to check my own credentials also i've won a PCA 2010 Package which is not included I won it through steps

http://www.pokerprolabs.com/meatyfubu/pokerstars.aspx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

You're a few years late.

http://www.talking-poker.com/fos.aspx

Gl with this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

bohsman wrote: »

HAHA this is not exactly what I have in mind I'm suggesting something more along the lines of this:

http://www.pokerhitsquad.com/

brady23 wrote: »
    HAHA this is not exactly what I have in mind I'm suggesting something more along the lines of this:

http://www.pokerhitsquad.com/

Who are you?

I left a link to my online statistics which contains my full name thanks.

• Advertisement

I left a link to my online statistics which contains my full name thanks.

Wouldn't open for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,290 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wouldn't open for me.
    Works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Good old Mr. Flash ITT

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

2. Set up a community of young upcoming poker players who may not yet have the bankroll to make a run at online themselves.

you mean like this and this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

Have you a hendon mob profile or is it just online results?

How many members are you looking for?

Where would you guys play?

Would you all contribute to a joint bankroll at the start? how much is the starting bankroll?

How would you split profits? When would you split profits? (ie. at the start of every month cash out profit)

What games would you play? ( Obviously some players would play higher or higher variance games)

Where do you see this going in the future?

Would it be just online play?

There are a few groups in Ireland that I am aware of that don't necessarily share bankrolls, but that talk theory together, travel together, stake and swap %.
    There are other groups who help each other out and basically do work off the same roll. These players are usually just scraping by and look out for each other. So when one wins a bit he'll put a few others in the game.
    I dont see it as too profitable to be honest. The Hit Squad and Hendon Mob make money off there commercial value more so than the fact that they share rolls.

In my opinion, the negatives or rather the obstacles make this idea -ev. In theory it is a great idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

is this set in stone??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

can i join please i have no mates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

this idea is a lot like communism tbh - dont get me wrong its great in theory but I just cant see it taking off the ground - what are the winning players in the team gonna do when the same members are constantly busting the role / losing?

Every man for himself IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 MrReaperMan

variance I can accept...other peoples I can't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Daithio9

Is this gonna turn into another "cork" thread.

Have you a hendon mob profile or is it just online results?

How many members are you looking for?

Where would you guys play?

Would you all contribute to a joint bankroll at the start? how much is the starting bankroll?

How would you split profits? When would you split profits? (ie. at the start of every month cash out profit)

What games would you play? ( Obviously some players would play higher or higher variance games)

Where do you see this going in the future?

Would it be just online play?

There are a few groups in Ireland that I am aware of that don't necessarily share bankrolls, but that talk theory together, travel together, stake and swap %.
    There are other groups who help each other out and basically do work off the same roll. These players are usually just scraping by and look out for each other. So when one wins a bit he'll put a few others in the game.
    I dont see it as too profitable to be honest. The Hit Squad and Hendon Mob make money off there commercial value more so than the fact that they share rolls.

In my opinion, the negatives or rather the obstacles make this idea -ev. In theory it is a great idea.

Thanks spencerjames i appreciate your comment and i have considered all of the points you mentioned before i posted this thread however I honestly cannot say exactly what percentage of profits would be shared as it depends on the amount of players on the team but i would be looking for a minimum of 4 members including myself but i totally understand your pomit about yhe hendon mob/hit squad but to answer some of your points.

1. It certainly will not be limited to online play.

2. I would encourage the players to play games they prefer i.e playerA plays cash, playerB SNGs and so on and with rakeback I believe profit margins will be reasonably even as I believe multi tabling 60 dollar SNGs on Stars is the basic equivalent of playing 1 2 cash.

3. I would be looking for a minimum starting bankroll of 500-1000 dollars the site doesn't matter and the location will be decided even perhaps 2 players per location.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

2. I would encourage the players to play games they prefer i.e playerA plays cash, playerB SNGs and so on and with rakeback I believe profit margins will be reasonably even as I believe multi tabling 60 dollar SNGs on Stars is the basic equivalent of playing 1 2 cash.

3. I would be looking for a minimum starting bankroll of 500-1000 dollars the site doesn't matter and the location will be decided even perhaps 2 players per location.

Thanks again

Wat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

I believe multi tabling 60 dollar SNGs on Stars is the basic equivalent of playing 1 2 cash.
    Thanks again

BRM FTW (god ive caught the nerd virus)

your bank roll managment makes me look/feel like some sort of ubber investor
    type

You have a good day your a god, bad day your down it the gutters with the rest of us Joxer

*Good luck btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

have to agree with Juno there..

You stated you are looking for player's with good bankroll managment, maybe if you recruit one he/she could teach you a thing or two.1/2 cash is in noway similar imo to 60 dollar SNG's.Totally different play,strategy,tendencies,bankroll issues etc.

For the skill level of player you are looking for i don't think they would be intrested in pooling funds and put their time/intrest into a roll of 500-1000 dollars, because they could do this themselves?why bother?

In general it sounds like a good idea, but you must have trust and faith with who you are playing with.would be worth it at higher stakes or alot of volume put in.But all player's would have to be winner's.

I think you are fighting a lost cause.. good luck with it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

variance I can accept...other peoples I can't

Haha couldn't agree more. It would be seriously tilting

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

It might work to some extent if you swap % for specific online/live tournaments.

And as we all know it's very hard to win one of these big tournaments on your own.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There are a couple of things squad members would have to adhere to such as very strict bankroll management, a minimum amount of hours per week and so on

$60 STTs or 1-2 Cash games on a $500-1000 bankroll is nowhere near strict bankroll management. It's not even ok BRM.

I can't see how this system could work.
    Firstly, you'd want to be friend with the guys, or at least know them well through the game for the last few years. Internet sign up, I don't care what your results are, not a chance.

It's too hard to distribute evenly. People won't be playing the same no of hands a month, maybe not even same levels. It gets messy fast.

The only way these things work is at large MMTs. A team or 4 agrees to share anything from 5-25% with each other. This is what the hendon mob used to do (obviously a rough deal for Ram).
    Another option would be to pool qualifying cash.
    Eg, 5k buy-in, each players agrees to put in 1k to qualify. If a player qualifies before the 1k is used up, it goes into the kitty for the remaining players.

I can't see anything more tricky than this working.

Ok to clarify I did not mean play 1 2 cash or 60 dollar sngs off a 500- 1000 dollar roll i am talking about the starting bankroll to be 500-1000 dollars and the games to be decided by the players. And yes I believe playing 60 dollar sngs and playing 1 2 cash is similar with the system I have adapted which is as follows for example:

I play up to 10 tables of 60 dollars sngs with a 6k roll that means you have 10 percent of your roll invested at any 1 time which is conserative as you have 100 buyins.This is similar to 1 2 cash if playing 4 tables with the same bankroll as you have 800 dollars invested means you have under 15 percent of your roll invested this system of comfortable and very similar in profit due to the larger rakeback being redeemed by the sngs but the larger actual real profit coming from 1 2 cash being larger

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Ok to clarify I did not mean play 1 2 cash or 60 dollar sngs off a 500- 1000 dollar roll i am talking about the starting bankroll to be 500-1000 dollars and the games to be decided by the players. And yes I believe playing 60 dollar sngs and playing 1 2 cash is similar with the system I have adapted which is as follows for example:

I play up to 10 tables of 60 dollars sngs with a 6k roll that means you have 10 percent of your roll invested at any 1 time which is conserative as you have 100 buyins.This is similar to 1 2 cash if playing 4 tables with the same bankroll as you have 800 dollars invested means you have under 15 percent of your roll invested this system of comfortable and very similar in profit due to the larger rakeback being redeemed by the sngs but the larger actual real profit coming from 1 2 cash being larger

Personally I wouldn't mind swapping percentages for specific online tournaments that all team members are playing. Maybe a $100 freezout once or twice a week. One of the big ones on stars or something. Everyone uses their own account and money but agree to share 20% of their winnings with the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Stick me down for 2 spots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

Daithio9 wrote: »
    Is this gonna turn into another "cork" thread.

beware of the cork slagging .U will be found and tried and when found guilty they will be penaltys to pay which will be not nice ;);)

Advertisement