Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surprisingly high public support for yesterdays strikes

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Being a fireman is a brave and noble profession without a doubt.
    No1 should die on the job but just as a stat I remember doing my safe pass recently and I think the HSA recorded 18 deaths in the construction industry alone in this country in 2006. This is not even recording serious injuries which run into hundreds. I dont know what it is for firemen.
    So danger is not just limit to one profession.
    And basing an argument how dangerous a job is, should not be brought up in an argument about money at all. Full stop!
    Its like saying I should be paid to drive on the nations roads due to high stats of road deaths because there is a higher potental to die behind the wheel.
    I hope Im not being insensitive with this post but sry thats the way I see it.:(

of course it should not be used as an arguement , any reasonable person can see that but the public sector are willing to say anything when it comes to defending their pay packets , everything including the kitchen sink will be thrown

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

irish_bob wrote: »
    of course it should not be used as an arguement , any reasonable person can see that but the public sector are willing to say anything when it comes to defending their pay packets , everything including the kitchen sink will be thrown

Actually if you took the time to trace back the posts you would see that this argument was put up by a public sector basher 'peter the tool' post #130, claiming firemen and guards should not be paid high wages when the are as much at risk as private sector workers.... not by a public sector poster...

If you keep this up you'll start arguing with yourselves...:p

Advertisement