Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TENS/EMS for Leg stimulation

Options
  • 25-11-2009 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a family member with Lymphatic cancer, who is wheelchair bound due to cancer in her lumbar node. She has been getting physio on her legs, but the physio recommended electrotherapy to keep the legs muscles active.
    Can any recommend a Tens machine, or EMS (elctronic muscle stimulator), based on experience?
    (there are unit on ebay, and here

http://physiosupplies.ie/acatalog/Blood_Pressure_Monitors___TENS_Machines.html

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭squeky

your physio should recommend a good one to get and where you will get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭L_gaucho

squeky wrote: »
    your physio should recommend a good one to get and where you will get it!

'based on experience?'

There are many machines... hence why I'm polling for 1st hand experience. (its more complicated than above statement, family member is in South america)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

L_gaucho wrote: »
    'based on experience?'

There are many machines... hence why I'm polling for 1st hand experience. (its more complicated than above statement, family member is in South america)

But how would you know that a person who tells you about their own experience is in a comparable situation to your relative? You might receive a load of info that was very relevant to the person giving it, but completely irrelevant to the person the treatment is for. Have your relative talk to his/her own physio and/or doctor about this, so that the advice s/he gets is relevant to him/her.
    It is stupid and dangerous to ask for advice from randomers on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭squeky

Get the family member in south america to talk to there own physio and they would sort them out, i have a spinal cord stimulator, google that and see what you think of it, its an implanted device but does the same thing as a tens machine, but on a wider scale throught the body, medtronic make it.

but my situation is different so you relation should be talking to there own physio about there own condition, that why i sugggested that in the 1st place besides getting smart with me who just answered your question!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭L_gaucho

Thanks for the responses guys. Loco-motion, I am only looking for additional information, no decisions will be taken without advice from a physio.
    Thanks Squeky, your response was the reason I posted the query in the first place. (ie to see what equipment is out there)

• Advertisement
Advertisement