Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.3, T9 Gear and Catajism!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Dustaz wrote: »
    So you think if you work your arse off for your wages, its fair that someone gets the same wage or more for sitting on their hole?

That's life tbh.

We play wow though because it's meant to be fun, not real life.

It's getting to the point though where this game is about as difficult as getting the ball in the cup...

...woah....wait I missed...ugh the ball didn't fall because it's on a string YAY. I'll try again.....YAY I got it in the cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Oh im sorry, fail.

Theres at least 1 other availble from pve and arent the gladiator mounts 310%?

Try again :)

Violet proto drake ?

Do i win ?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

that rusted one also for doing all the hard modes in uldar.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Magic Carpet, you can all **** off!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

nix wrote: »
    Violet proto drake ?

Do i win ?

:pac:

Nix wins 3 gold coins.

Elexes wins the Moon Of Shame for not reading any of the posts before mashing the reply button:P

The fact you can get a 310% mount from simply logging on and spending an hour or two at each festival sort of puts the effort that goes into ulduar hard modes to shame. Even more reason the rusted ones should be n/a anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Just because you can get the violet one doesn't mean that the rusted drakes should be taken out. You could always just get the blue proto drake from running UP and getting lucky. It took effort to get the red one though. Still does for a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kyri

This is a great thread btw :)

I have felt the same as alot of posters here - the game is all over the camp atm. Blizzard are trying to stop too many people from leaving the game as it becomes stagnent for alot of people so fast nowadays, guilds are finding it harder and harder to recruit good players that aren't just shiney purple loonatics that have waltzed their way to gear then server changed when their guild realised they where retarded and its getting close to the expansion & they dont want a rinse repeat of SW.

Everytime we get to the end of a a tier in the game and I mean like Vanilla, Tbc and now Lich King the waters become groggy.

People having to do the same Raids over and over has been altered ever so slightly by making hard modes a sh*te filter's instead of an encounter like Vael in BWL - what a clever Idea I loved it then same with princess in AQ clever ways to stop people going further till they buck up to the right level and get ready all 40 of them.

Casual Raiders by this I mean the players that quit after two wipes when the guild is progressing into hard modes and decide wtf i've seen this already time to afk for a few weeks till new content is out or on farm then wander back and get my raid spot back. These same players applied or gave a false pretense about themselves on application saying I want to see EVERYTHING the game has to offer etc are destroying guilds all over again this time over heroic/hard modes instead of leaving after they cleared the raid zone and got their set.

The last raid zone - ICC grtz to blizz for releasing it even more stretched out then SW plus making encounters only become available after a few weeks to keep us all on our toes waiting.

Every time something falls for Blizz they think of a "Solution" that shows they are trying to help but alot of the time it just ends up causing more problems for the actual players. Since it was the casual player pre TLK its now the Hard Core players in TLK. I never thought the game was as easy before the lich king as it is now gear wise however saying that there is the exact same line in the sand now as their was then. Even though its easier to get higher level gear or EPIX their is still a way of telling if someone is crap or not.

Its the very thing that people don't want to do - spend time with the new recruits. Go to some heroics with them - get them to tank, Heal or Dps a hard mode they said they done before on 10 man - ask them a few tricky questions about their spec not on the website but in game or on comms? Get them to answer fast not go research so they can copy and plaste an elitestjerks post or someone elses application - This is the only thing to me that seperates Elitest Moaners to Valid complaints by hard core raid guilds about scrubs getting what they don't deserve. Unfortunately if you want to be the best, have the best and lead the best you need to be the best you can be to syphon out the crap before its on your boots.

I've seen it happen soo many times in guilds I loved which tbh tore the guild apart but that isnt the scrub players fault imo its the leadership in a guilds fault for not having a proper trial for someone.

The guild im in atm invited me & my boyfriend last week we thought it was cos our friend was in there and asked as we where guildless but found out it was because on the dps scale i was top and my bf was 3rd. Since we joined they have done 6 new hard modes in a week cos they didnt have the dps before so yes gear is important to this guild though we are simply dps nothing else. We had no intention of doing 10 mans for the rest of our days but for that group we didnt have to apply (well they got my bf to put an app up for show) but yet we where invited then the next day we replaced two of their members that where active. To me that isn't right.

The drakes that some posters where talking about I do agree should be taken out of the game once a new instance is released as IMO Blizzard did a great job as it is making sure that from that achieve everyone gets a mount. Back in TBC I worked with a team for the ZA mount and the guild leaders gave the bear to themselves then the officers before letting the other 4 peeps get them. 3 of us never got the mount as guess what some of the leaders that got it decided not to come after they got it. What a crock. Those Elistest Jerks are who I have no time for not valid raiders concerns. Give me mine then turn it off no - earn it while that raid zone is the top tier of content then turn it off yes. However that would me that only a handful of guilds will get their current one if the patch is out next week though TOGC is not to be considered a tier its a half tier like the last half tier we had in TBC before the end game content came.

I love the fact with the cash i earn in game and from doing a few pugs i can gear my alts but it does make me feel why do a bother on my main simply because as they make it easier unless your on the top end of raiding with a great guild you get very lost in the mess of the regular guilds trying to get by in the middle with how different players are today then when the game first came out. Not many have drive that lasts and I honestly feel its because they know they can get away without caring or trying and waltz back get in a guild gear up then move on or pug what they missed when its easier.

There really should be rewards for top end guilds however they should stop selling mount runs and loot as thats why i think Blizzard leave these rewards in to stop people paying threw the nose for an achievement - on my server the rate for the top guild to do the 10 man mount run is 25k. They also do a cash run for alts to TOTC great idea to cash up for the expansion for repairs flasks etc but I do think that this could be the reason why blizzard want to leave them in a bit longer. Guilds on alot of servers have been doing this for yonks going right back to Vanilla for gear so their has always been scrubs out there geared through the nose.

IMO the bottom line is if you dont want to spend the time with a new recruit then when you get spanked by a scrub its your own fault. Its easy to check - theirs even dates on their achievements to tell ya how quick they did what they claim to have farmed. Just spend the time and you can find em out. Not all the people that take advantage of the easy obtainable loot are scrubs or deserve to be slagged or denied their chance. At the end of the day if you raid alot you get rewarded for it the top line of all gear comes from the end raids and farming them not just from vendors. Their has to be like a 90% from top raids to 10% from badges ratio nowadays so tbh its not worth getting upset about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

That minority is probably the minority of players who enjoy a challenge.

...but I do like a challenge. I have raided, since original wow, 40/25/10, raid leading for a lot of the time as well - I know what it's all about.

It got to a point though that I was putting too much time into it and I was sick to the teeth of depending on some others, no matter what guild I was in or how good it was, who just didn't pull their weight, slackers if you will.
    Not turning up for raids prepared, not bothering to farm mats for feasts, not reading up on encounters, incapable of having addons installed (pally power for instance, ffs it must be like 90% of all paladins who are incapable of buffing a raid), not gemming/enchanting their gear proper or none at all in some cases, no gold for repairs (I mean wtf?!), no flasks - the list is endless tbh...

I would've classed myself as a hardcore raider (or at least that's what I wanted) but I also like the community of a casual guild but without all the emo drama "sorry guys, can't raid tonight as I have to cut myself again".

Also, to me, after all the time you used to have to put into raids - at the end of it all the gear you got for the most part only had minor improvements over what you already had and that just did not ultimately seem worth the effort anymore.
    For the most parts raids though were fun and I enjoyed it but I just can't be arsed anymore so I play pvp and pick fights in wintergrasp for fun. Best fun I've had in ages is just hovering over a titanium node on the mountain to the west of the keep in WG, waiting for an alliance to try mine it and I drop down fast as hell on my Shaman and use Thunderstorm to knock them off the mountain and into the next zone, levelled my shaman in AV from 70 to 80 and spent all the time out of AV in Wintergrasp just doing that mostly, but I digress...
    Whats wrong with being annoyed by that? So you think if you work your arse off for your wages, its fair that someone gets the same wage or more for sitting on their hole?

As Iceman said, yep, that's life. Sucks sometimes but there ye go.
    Some of the gear my hunter has from pugs, which again I levelled in AV from 70 to 80 a couple weeks ago is better than what my DK has, which I raided with constantly before I lost heart in it all.
    The reason most raiders are annoyed is that its fine for alts/scrub/casuals/others to get the gear from normals, but there is not a lot of BETTER gear that rewards the time spent and the more skill required for heroics.

I only do Heroics, never even bother with normals. Hunter fresh out of hitting 80, I had gear crafted and bought from the AH for him - enough to get him hit-capped and into pugs for heroics. Haven't touched pug raids yet with him though.
    Hopefully ICC will address this (although with gated progression it doesnt look likely). I couldnt give a rats ass if you coast along getting boosted with pugs and getting gear from <random tier> Normal, as long as i get rewarded for my efforts in <random tier> Heroic.

Like I said, I never go normals, only heroics. PvP on the other hand is an awful lot more involved as really all I do on heroics is press like maybe 6 butons, could probably macro them all to one but I'd really fall asleep then.
    The only thing that has changed is the rewards on offer. There is still bad players and players who arent willing to put in the work for a certain amount of reward. What HAS changed is the rewards on offer for those putting in the work.

Well maybe things have changed in the last couple of patches but even from looking on atlasloot, there's no massive upgrade to gear available that really stands out to me that's worth putting in the time and effort anymore to join a raiding guild and having to put up with depending on others, slackers or god awful emo's with their fking drama.

I'll stick to pvp, farming gold and levelling my alts and professions on them all until such a time that proper raiding actually seems worth it again.
    Damn those scrub fishermen eh?

Damn them to hell ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Also, to me, after all the time you used to have to put into raids - at the end of it all the gear you got for the most part only had minor improvements over what you already had and that just did not ultimately seem worth the effort anymore.

Thats what im complaining about. Atm that is the case. Previous to this that HASNT been the case. The upgrades in vanilla were MASSIVE from raids. The Upgrades in tbc were very big. In Nax and ulduar the upgrades were big. Now with totc, the upgrades are very small. The only upgrades come from Heroic totgc (Heroic as in heroic raid) There isnt enough risk/reward.

As Iceman said, yep, that's life. Sucks sometimes but there ye go.

Thats not life. Generally, The more skilled you are or the more time you put into something, the more you get paid. THATS life. Sure theres examples of people coasting but for the most part in working life, you get more rewarded the more skills you have or the more time and effort you put into something.
    Some of the gear my hunter has from pugs, which again I levelled in AV from 70 to 80 a couple weeks ago is better than what my DK has, which I raided with constantly before I lost heart in it all....
    ..I only do Heroics, never even bother with normals. Hunter fresh out of hitting 80, I had gear crafted and bought from the AH for him - enough to get him hit-capped and into pugs for heroics. Haven't touched pug raids yet with him though.

We are talking about raiding. What possesed you think i meant heroic dungeons. Go back and reread my post with Heroic Raids (hard modes) in mind. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Magill wrote: »
    doing abit of research on my class (I've changed mains 4 times since starting wow)
    Magill wrote: »
    Anyone that wants people to teach them how to play IS a scrub.

this is a contradiction in terms.. as where did you do your research? online? from forums and baords from other ppl? aaah yes i see now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Thats what im complaining about. Atm that is the case. Previous to this that HASNT been the case. The upgrades in vanilla were MASSIVE from raids. The Upgrades in tbc were very big. In Nax and ulduar the upgrades were big. Now with totc, the upgrades are very small. The only upgrades come from Heroic totgc (Heroic as in heroic raid) There isnt enough risk/reward.

Agreed then :)

I misunderstood in regards what you meant by Heroics, you never said heroic raiding so I just presumed you meant instances, which to be honest I thought was odd as heroics are generally a walk in the park.
    Thats not life. Generally, The more skilled you are or the more time you put into something, the more you get paid. THATS life. Sure theres examples of people coasting but for the most part in working life, you get more rewarded the more skills you have or the more time and effort you put into something.

No, no, no, you're thinking about the way it SHOULD be in life but that is just not the case and there are arguments to be made equally both for and against why that is which would take a whole seperate sub-forum in politics alone to deal with :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

I only started raiding again properly in the last few weeks, totally missed out on ulduar.

One of our guild officers decided to start doing ulduar10 runs again to help people get their drakes, i went in last thursday with 0 achievements and came out last with my rusty proto drake.

In my opinion in was fairly easy, we wiped on firefighter twice as a result of poor communication on vent, general once (on phase 3 i made noob mistake) and about 3 times on yogg with no keepers. The only one i found kinda hard was yogg.

I don't deserve my rusty drake, it should have been removed when toc came out, but im not gonna complain :D

PS: Dustaz we should meet up with the cross realm dungeon matchmaking thingy so you can give me my 3g :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im tempted to resub to check this out i must say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ran the normal 5-man instance there, and tis great fun. For those of you who are pissed at how easy it is to get gear, i'd suggest not even logging in. Its piss easy, and you get some fantastic gear for it. Got 6 epics in 2 runs for my lock :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm swetting here studying in college to get home and started.

Think I'll run some ICC randoms with my lock, or maybe do some heroic runs with my guild and get my alt geared.

WHAT TO DO FIRST AAA!!!!

I think ICC has to be on the hitlist with my lock first ;)

Advertisement