Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange PC problem

• 25-11-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

Ever since the weekend I have been having problems with my PC. My computer is in my room and it is hooked up to a network switch which is in the kitchen. When I boot up my computer the initernet works fine, however, after about 5 minutes I cant browse any pages. Its strange becuase some programmes work fine, like certain onine games(will disconnect every few minutes).

Any ideas what this could be?

The PC's internet in the kitchen works fine, so that rules out an ISP issue?

Thanks,

Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Have you ran a recent virus scan, also run hijackme and post the log here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

Yes, however, only a windows security scan. Nothing was picked up. I dont really have any anti virus software other than the standard windows one. What is hijackme? Sorry, Im bad with computers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Standard windows one?

Try installing this - Microsoft Security Essentials - and run it: http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/3/8/A38FFBF2-1122-48B4-AF60-E44F6DC28BD8/mssefullinstall-x86fre-en-us-vista-win7.exe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You wouldnt be on BT would you? Their IPs continually refresh and can screw with games IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

eeek.

I'd certainly go and download AVG or similar now if i were you and do a full scan. Mallwarebytes too, and spybot searh and destroy. It could be a virus thats messing with the connectivity on your pc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

Weird, making a new profile and delting the old one fixed the problem. Thanks all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

flushje wrote: »
    Weird, making a new profile and delting the old one fixed the problem. Thanks all.

Virtual tenner says its a Vista box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

maybe try safe mode with networking and see if the problem is gone.

if so, it would mean some program (or virus) is affecting your connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Do a search for a Cyber Security program

I have being seeing this alot lately on systems and its a virus.

You cannot manually remove it and it disables alot of services like task manager so you cant kill processes.

Id love to get a hold of the c**ts who create these.

Cause ppl so much grief.

Advertisement