Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to eat breakfast on or just off O'Connell St.

Options
  • 25-11-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

I sometimes have 45 mins to an hour free in the mornings before getting bus to UCD, anybody recommend best place to have breakfast on or around O'Connell St.? Criteria includes value for money!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

there is little cafe just on Talbot Street - not sure of name but 5 min walk from O connell st - and it on right hand side as you go down - had lovely brekkie in there one sat mrn -very reasonalbe to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Lovin Spoon on Friderick St do an amazing brekkie! The veggie one is only a fiver and it's huge! I'm yet to finish a whloe one. Definitely worth a try :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Nice one, thanks for suggestions all. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

cosmic wrote: »
    Lovin Spoon on Friderick St do an amazing brekkie! The veggie one is only a fiver and it's huge! I'm yet to finish a whloe one. Definitely worth a try :D

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Best I've had in a long time, and I'd be very particular about my grub, was in Anne's Bakery on Henry St.

It cost €2.95 and as far as I remember it was two jumbo sausages, an egg, bacon, beans and the usual tea & toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

There's a few in here (thread is about Dublin in general, but there's a few city-centre options).

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055076802

I like Del Rio's - Abbey Street

and

The Kingfisher - Parnell Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

Burger King
    Eddie Rockets
    Supermacs

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Opposite the Long Stone on Townsend Street, is a small shop with a yellow front. Lovely food, freshly cooked there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chocolatepan

Theres one in the Irish Life Mall, Talbot street side, think its called Brasilia, do great rasher sambos!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

RVD420 wrote: »
    There's a few in here (thread is about Dublin in general, but there's a few city-centre options).

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055076802

I like Del Rio's - Abbey Street

and

The Kingfisher - Parnell Street.

The Kingfisher is a great place for this. I used to go there a lot when I was in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Kingfisher!? Student!? Recession!?

None of this makes sense.

Go to mickey d's and get a sausage mcmuffin meal. Awesome and only about 3 euro.

Last time I got breakfast in Kingfisher I think it set me back a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Sheries on Abbey Street is lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭bridgitt

Best I've had in a long time, and I'd be very particular about my grub, was in Anne's Bakery on Henry St.

It cost €2.95 and as far as I remember it was two jumbo sausages, an egg, bacon, beans and the usual tea & toast.

yeah, its good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

You could always go into any of the DIT's (Bolton Street or Cathal Brugha). It's for students but there's no check, nice canteens and a big breakfast for a fiver (5 items, toast and tea) in Bolton Street. I heard Cathal Brugha has some great stuff because of the Culinary Arts in there.

Advertisement