Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silver Astra man: The sequel

Options
  • 25-11-2009 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Some may remember that I wrote about this guy some time back.

He is the one who ran across the Ballinacurra road, and threw himself like a goalkeeper to pull a child that had wondered onto the road away from an oncoming car.

Well I found out who he was shortly after that happened and it turned out I knew someone that kind of knows him.

Anyway it seems he was involved in helping another person sometime this morning.

My friend phoned me to tell me that some guy fell head first onto the Dock road near the entrance of the water rescue place whenthe road was busy, and Astra man was driving out of town at the time.

Seems like nearly every car passing just drove around the guy who fell who was not moving on the road. Astra man parked up and came back the road to the guy and two girls stopped and came to the man too.

Then some other guy came over and helped astra man get the fallen guy from where he was on the side of the road.

Astra man then waited for the ambulance and told the ambulance people what he saw and then according to my friend he just left.

What has shocked me is that there is meant to have beem loads of cars that just passed the man that was on the road, and only four people out of the hundreds that passed stopped, with Astra man staying to the end with the guy that fell.

From what my friend tells me, he is a fairly quiet guy, but if I ever have the misfortune to have something happen to me, I want him to be passing by.

His first name is Mike and he is from Ballinacurra Gardens. So for the second time this year I am making a thread to say well done to him, and a massive well done to the two girls that stopped their car and came to help, and to the other man that came to help lift the fallen guy.

And shame on anyone who just drove by when a man was lying on the side of the dock road.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Astra man to the rescue!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Limerick has its own superhero :D

Dear god I hope he wears a cape. Any way we could make him the official hero of Limerick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

A man fell onto a busy road and people drove around him?pricks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

krudler wrote: »
    Limerick has its own superhero :D

I was thinking we should get him a black outfit and set him after the criminals at night. Could become our Batman.:D

Might seem odd, but I am kind of proud that there is a local man who will stop if he sees a person in trouble though, there are plenty of bad things that can be said about Limerick and some of the people in Limerick, so it is nice to be able to comment on someone who has done something good.

I was laughing when I got the call about it earlier, after I had made the original thread after seeing him in action with my own two eyes, he then goes to help someone a month or so later again.

I hope Limerick does not get flooded though, as he would probably get worn out trying to people from water. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I was thinking we should get him a black outfit and set him after the criminals at night. Could become our Batman.

He'll need a nemesis, Tracksuit Man or something, who's plot to flood the city is currenty in full swing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Krudler, he already has loads tracksuited enemies.the city is full of them, fair play to astraman he definately deserves some kind of award.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Who is this caped cruisader, Astra Man?

superhero.jpg

Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Astra Man probably has this when the city becomes unpassable in his Astra:

wildcat1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

97174.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Albeit I dont think its worthy of the Limerick person of the year award Im sure putting his name in would be an honour in itself showing people have actually appreciated his worth.

You could e-mail

lauraryan@limerickoffice.ie

Berty wrote: »
    Albeit I dont think its worthy of the Limerick person of the year award Im sure putting his name in would be an honour in itself showing people have actually appreciated his worth.

You could e-mail

lauraryan@limerickoffice.ie

You dont think its worthy???But a rich builder winning it last year was

But he seems like the type of guy who does not want attention

Look at the list of the people in the running last year and spot the ones that should not be there

http://www.limerickblogger.ie/blog/2009/01/limerick-person-of-the-year-to-be-decided-on-thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

was it raining?

Advertisement