Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vehicle Recalls - Caution

• 25-11-2009 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭

If your vehicle is subject to a recall, do not take instructions over the phone if somebody contacts you.

All recalls are issued by letter (as far as I'm aware), so if anyone contacts you claiming to be from a dealer or manufacturer, ask them to fax through a copy of the recall letter, then call the manufacturer or dealer and check with them regarding the recall.

Follow these guidlines and you won't run the risk of never seeing your car again after someone collects it to have the recall carried out!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

:confused:

Thats a bit random, has a scam been happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

:confused:

Thats a bit random, has a scam been happening?

Possibly............................

Don't want to go in to more details while it's under investigation, just trying to warn everyone else in case..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did someone call to the house wanting your car as it was to be recalled?
    I thought you had to bring car in to the dealer? How else do you get the loaner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Have you been gullible and fallen for something you shouldn't have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Im sure in R.O.R's business he would not have been but

People are capable of amazing bouts of stupidity and there are con artists out there for that reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

Berty wrote: »
    Im sure in R.O.R's business he would not have been but

People are capable of amazing bouts of stupidity and there are con artists out there for that reason.

I know for a fact it has happened to two large leasing companies already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Healyc wrote: »
    I know for a fact it has happened to two large leasing companies already!

It's happened to people driving leased cars, not to staff of leasing companies....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I saw a thing in the UK about this happening. It wasn't a leased car it was private.

A guy got a phone call about a recall on his car while he was in work. They said they would send someone around for it the next day. A guy arrived in a uniform and everything. Car gone never to come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Company car drivers / leased vans etc are easy prey because they never worry about servicing. They just book it in and somebody else picks up the bill and they are given a loaner while its in there.

So when somebody calls you up and says they will take your car or van you will most likely have less of a worry than if it was your own car.

Still, silly silly people. They will only make that mistake once because I doubt any employer will stand for a mistake like that.

Advertisement