Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N97 - GPS Issue

• 25-11-2009 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Does anyone know how to get the GPS working on the N97. I have a N97 from three which is on software V 11.0.021.

I have searched online and there seems to be a problem with some N97's not being able to get the GPS working. Is there anything that I need to be doing in order to get this to work as €300 is too much cash for a phone that does not work the way it is supposed to.

Any help is appreciated.

Peter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Mine seems to have a problem linking the GPS signal to ovi maps......cant get a lock on whatsoever.
    Downloaded google maps & it works no problem within 30secs.
    Dunno what the issue with their own maps software/hardware link up is or if they even acknowledge it as a fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Mine seems to have a problem linking the GPS signal to ovi maps......cant get a lock on whatsoever.
    Downloaded google maps & it works no problem within 30secs.
    Dunno what the issue with their own maps software/hardware link up is or if they even acknowledge it as a fault

Is your getting a lock using the GPS or using the network antenas. when I use google maps I get a location using the network saying that my location is withing 100 meters or up to 1000 meters. When I turn on the GPS the Seeking GPS Satelliets [0] message is always in the top right hand corner of the screen. Do you know what software version you are using...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

im with three and im on my 2nd N97 could not get a gps lock even though i updated to v2 software ended up bringing it to MPRC(authorised 3&nokia svc centre).they ended up replacing the logic board and the gps/maps works now.
    there based in sandyford ind est dublin 18 and they have a 3 hr turnaround(thats if you drop it in yourself)and providing they have the part for your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

im with three and im on my 2nd N97 could not get a gps lock even though i updated to v2 software ended up bringing it to MPRC(authorised 3&nokia svc centre).they ended up replacing the logic board and the gps/maps works now.
    there based in sandyford ind est dublin 18 and they have a 3 hr turnaround(thats if you drop it in yourself)and providing they have the part for your phone.

Did you have to pay for the fix your self...?, how did you manage to upgrade onto V2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

padair wrote: »
    Did you have to pay for the fix your self...?, how did you manage to upgrade onto V2.

i was able to update via nokia software updater(although since getting it fixed i cant update to v2) the fix was FOC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

padair wrote: »
    Is your getting a lock using the GPS or using the network antenas. when I use google maps I get a location using the network saying that my location is withing 100 meters or up to 1000 meters. When I turn on the GPS the Seeking GPS Satelliets [0] message is always in the top right hand corner of the screen. Do you know what software version you are using...?

Na, mine usually hits me with Seeking GPS Satelliets [3] at least, I do however get that "with x amount of meters" message sometimes with a big circle around the given position
    Probably gonna drop into my local service point at some stage & see what the craic is as wanna ask about the camera lens too, getting that stupid reflect light/white portion in some of my pics & wanna see if theres anything can be done...seems to be a few marks on the lens but nothing thats impacting majorly on pics

Advertisement