Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random C&C (largish images

• 25-11-2009 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

Olde_Worlde_by_superflyninja.jpg

Merrion_Square_2_by_superflyninja.jpg

Lifesaver_by_superflyninja.jpg

Angled_by_superflyninja.jpg

thanks millions as always :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Not really into nature photography too much, so I wont comment on 1 & 2.

3. Excellent Colours and depth of field!

4. I like the idea of the tilted composition for the building, but because of the parked cars, van and lamp posts, I'm inclined to tilt my head left to level it. I think it would work better cropping them out, but then you're not left with too much of an image. Maybe a revisit and keep the angle, but shoot more upwards towards the facade of the building? Chances are it'll be tough to get that sky again though if it isn't local.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Stee wrote: »
    Not really into nature photography too much, so I wont comment on 1 & 2.

3. Excellent Colours and depth of field!

4. I like the idea of the tilted composition for the building, but because of the parked cars, van and lamp posts, I'm inclined to tilt my head left to level it. I think it would work better cropping them out, but then you're not left with too much of an image. Maybe a revisit and keep the angle, but shoot more upwards towards the facade of the building? Chances are it'll be tough to get that sky again though if it isn't local.
    thanks! the sky in that shot though was mostly...."reimagined" so shudnt be difficult to reshoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Like the processing of 2, love the saturation and dof of 3, and the tilt of 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

I think the bin is annoying in 1 & 2. Maybe clone it out? but not really my cup of tea tbh.
    +1 for nice colours and DOF in 3 but the dark object on the right is quite distracting. I like the washed out ropes on the bright life ring.
    In 4 I don't find the tilt works for me. But the sky and the building make a cool reflection!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I really really like #3... the colours are fab, and its lovely and crisp...

The big orange leaf on the left of #2 is quite distracting to me though... Like a flare gone really wrong or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Not mad on them but if someone held a sawn off shotgun to my head I would pick #1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

Not mad on them but if someone held a sawn off shotgun to my head I would pick #1

WTF?, what would you pick if just asked politely?, and if you don't like them and nobody has a sawn off to your head, just don't reply. Were you on the beer?? Funny/strange answer, more funny.

I like the last 2.

uprising wrote: »
    WTF?, what would you pick if just asked politely?, and if you don't like them and nobody has a sawn off to your head, just don't reply. Were you on the beer?? Funny/strange answer, more funny.

I like the last 2.

lol.....id never use a shotgun. it would be a swift knife to the goolies.

uprising wrote: »
    Rasta
    Chill-o-chill

Too much Left for Dead 2 may be to blame for my answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

#3 & #4 for me, great DoF/colours & the angle I like.

The lamp and bin throw the image off imo in #1 & #2 but I like the idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

I think it's ok to state you don't like them! I'm sure superflyninja appreciates all C&C on his images, yeah?

For me:

#1 needs a focal point. Bin or the light isn't cutting it. I'm not gone on the processing either

#2 processing is an improvement. Still no focal point thats drawing my eye. Find my self just looking at branches

#3 love the colour on this one. Very interesting image. My only niggle is the vignette on the right is maybe a tad too much. If that could be pulled back it's wicked.

#4 Did you say you popped a new sky in there? If so I'm struggling to like it as a photo, but more liking it as a "piece of art" maybe. It's a very nice piece all the same.

#1 I would have liked more of the 'intro' path and I would've cropped more of the right, pity about the white sky, love the colours.

#2 Stray leaf on the left is very distracting and while it has more pop than the 1st now I prefer the 1st. Although this pic has the framing that I wanted in #1!

#3 This has grown on me and as other people said the colours are a nice strength.

#4 Not a fan at all of tilted photographs and it makes me dizzy, Sky is nice but when it comes to parked cars they just make a picture look too much like a snap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

#2 is over-saturated and over-contrasted, in my opinion.

ColmDawson wrote: »
    #2 is over-saturated and over-contrasted, in my opinion.
    it is a little i agree. i may have over done it a little to *ahem* attempt to disguise the blur in the photo.

And yes ANY c&c is much appreciated! negative c&c even more appreciated. how else does one improve?? :D

KarmaGarda wrote: »

#4 Did you say you popped a new sky in there? If so I'm struggling to like it as a photo, but more liking it as a "piece of art" maybe. It's a very nice piece all the same.
    well i didnt pop a new sky in there but i whacked around the colours. I took that shot (its of Clarehall Shopping Centre) on a VERY overcast day.

Advertisement