Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS Visual Studio 2008 on Win7?

• 25-11-2009 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi all,

I might have this in the wrong forum, but anyway..
    I want to know if Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 will work with windows 7?
    and if not, would you recommend any other c++ dev environment that will?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

jrd wrote: »
    I want to know if Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 will work with windows 7?

Quick answer - yes!

And if you miss the bus, VS2010 will be along shortly. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jrd_old

Codpeas wrote: »
    Quick answer - yes!

And if you miss the bus, VS2010 will be along shortly. :)

Excellent, just wanted to be sure before I upgrade it... did a quick Google about it, and saw that some people seem to have some issues.

Am working in a university, and they don't have VS2010 yet, so thats not really an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

jrd wrote: »
    Excellent, just wanted to be sure before I upgrade it... did a quick Google about it, and saw that some people seem to have some issues.

Am working in a university, and they don't have VS2010 yet, so thats not really an option.
    Its still in Beta, so nobody has it yet :)

Its still in Beta, so nobody has it yet :)

God I'm coming across like a real dumbo here :(
    I should qualify that statement a bit more.. my university just got VS2008 in the last couple of months... so even though VS2010 will be released soon(~ish) there is little chance that they'll get it anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

You mean your University only gave you access to 2008 in the last couple of months :)

Download 2010 Beta from here - http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010/default.mspx

• Advertisement

Thanks ill give it a go

I installed windows 7 on an old pc to try it out with VS2008, and I'm getting a debug time error where its looking for MSVCR90.dll

I vaguely recollect having this problem before with Vista, but can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it.... any ideas?

EDIT: It wasn't actually a vs2008 problem at all, it was caused by one of the libraries that I am using, which is linking statically.. was an easy fix when i thought about it, I just needed to upgrade the library to a VS2008 compatible version.

Advertisement