Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Besiktas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

If the scoreline stays like this until half-time, it could well be a couple of lads first experience of the hair-dryer at half-time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Nani cant even make the kids 11!

He is doomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Gibson and Welbeck playing well imo. Obertan needs to get his act together. Just got caught cold there by the goal, should make the game more interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If the scoreline stays like this until half-time, it could well be a couple of lads first experience of the hair-dryer at half-time.

doubt it.

they're playing well.

and it's the aul' ones' fault they're in this position for not closing down the shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

kiko and welbeck really have a great understanding

Macheda has been very wasteful, trying to impress too much imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Someone broke RTE for a minute.

Liam O wrote: »
    Macheda has been very wasteful, trying to impress too much imo.

playing better than welbeck imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Gibson and Welbeck playing well imo. Obertan needs to get his act together. Just got caught cold there by the goal, should make the game more interesting.
    No...

Welbeck - threatening
    Gibbo - sh'*te
    Obertan - threatening

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

How old is their keeper? looks like a grandad!!

macheda is indeed very wasteful.

How old is their keeper? looks like a grandad!!

only 36.

it's all the turkish baths and cigarettes.

Everytime George says Bobo's name I keep thinking of that Simpsons episode with Mr. Burns' teddy bear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

This is like a training match, albeit with the scoreline going the wrong way!

****ing gibson again

bloody hell

and again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Gibson is starting to annoy me.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

Dave! wrote: »
    No...

Welbeck - threatening
    Gibbo - sh'*te
    Obertan - threatening

I'd be willing to bet that if Nani was playing the same way as Obertan everyone would be saying it's typical bad play from Nani. Obertan has lost the ball pretty much everytime he's gotten it. Gibson doing ok imo, at least he's trying to get on the ball and make something happen which is more than what Anderson is doing.

lol @ gibson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'd be willing to bet that if Nani was playing the same way as Obertan everyone would be saying it's typical bad play from Nani. Obertan has lost the ball pretty much everytime he's gotten it. Gibson doing ok imo, at least he's trying to get on the ball and make something happen which is more than what Anderson is doing.

:eek: seriously

Gibson has given away too much possesion so far.

Slight exaggeration there.

• Advertisement

Besiktas deserve some credit for the pressure they put on in their own half, and they look good going forward.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

From BBC Sport
    2025: When Sir Alex Ferguson told his kids to shoot for the stars tonight, he didn't mean literally. Darron Gibson's 30-yarder flies miles over 'Row Z'.

Poor defending from Gibson. He has been terrible so far.

Is Foster on a 3 second time delay?

I hate ****ing sounding like a broken record but gibson nearly cost us there

Gibson needs to go out on loan to a Championship club in January.

Sweet baby jesus, I'd love a button on my remote that would just mute Ray houghton.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

We're watchin different matches mate

IvySlayer wrote: »
    From BBC Sport 2025: When Sir Alex Ferguson told his kids to shoot for the stars tonight, he didn't mean literally. Darron Gibson's 30-yarder flies miles over 'Row Z'.

Aye, but Simon Cowell is sitting in Row 'Y', so he only narrowly missed!

• Advertisement

Obertan is playing rubbish, anyone who tells me differently is wrong. Gibson is playing a hell of a lot better than Anderson, only nobody seems to care when Ando loses the ball and then jogs lightly back to cover, leaving Gibson to do all the defensive and attacking work from midfield. He has been doing ok, not good but ok imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Obertan the last few minutes just reminded me of nani with some of his crosses..

Poor performance from United. Fair play to Besiktas though. Doing well and could and maybe should be two goals up.

Gibson is the weak link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Obertan's build up play and movement has been outstanding. His final poor has been poor.

Gibson has been very wasteful. Anderson seems to want to let Gibson make the passes, not sure why.

Park has been ok.

The whole front 6 look like they are trying to impress Fergie, and it's resulting in them making bad decisions by in large. Overall though I thought its been an ok performance.

Harpy wrote: »
    Obertan the last few minutes just reminded me of nani with some of his crosses..

Nani has a very good cross on him. Obertan looks like a show pony from what I've seen...

Nani has a very good cross on him. Obertan looks like a show pony from what I've seen...
    You should look harder so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

That_Guy wrote: »
    Poor performance from United. Fair play to Besiktas though. Doing well and could and maybe should be two goals up.

Gibson is the weak link.

Anderson is doing fcuk all yet people here are picking out Gibson. Ando has to impose himself more. hes the experianced one.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Gibson is the weak link.

anderson's been worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

You should look harder so.

Is he one of those magic picture thingys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Missed the start.

These guys are cat.

Anyone good on the bench?

smooch71 wrote: »
    Missed the start.

These guys are cat.

Anyone good on the bench?

For which team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

i dunno nani can be horribly wasteful with crosses.. He has a good cross on him sometimes just not in any way consistant.

I agree with what PHB says above about Obertans build up play being very good but the final ball just not been there..

Utd subs; Kuszczak, Evra, Owen, Carrick, Nani, Scholes, Fletcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

For which team?

Touche!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I agree with what PHB says above about Obertans build up play being very good but the final ball just not been there..

It's been the story with everyone really. Need more from Gibson and Anderson, they've been anonymous. Park has been quiet too.

• Advertisement

i dunno nani can be horribly wasteful with crosses.. He has a good cross on him sometimes just not in any way consistant.

yeah I suppose that is a reasonable summary of it. But if Nani had been playing and done the same as Obertan he would be heavily criticised while Obertan seems to get praise no matter what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

hmm... i remember the last lad united had who was called a show pony what was his name again ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Gibson and Anderson have been woefull.

The difference between Obertan and Nani is:

Obertan - footballer with a brain.
    Nani - footballer without a brain.

You'd wonder why most of the United supporters bothered even showing up tonight. I've heard more noise at a funeral service.

chips1234 wrote: »
    hmm... i remember the last lad united had who was called a show pony what was his name again ???

Eric Cantona.

• Advertisement
Advertisement