Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Besiktas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

chips1234 wrote: »
    hmm... i remember the last lad united had who was called a show pony what was his name again ???
    Was it Nani?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Its not getting better for Gibson.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

hmm... i remember the last lad united had who was called a show pony what was his name again ???
    Lee Sharp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Why didn't Owen start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Was it Nani?

lol screw you pat hahah

nice tackle from gibson :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i know gibson is fouling a bit here, but i still don't know where anderson is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

SlickRic wrote: »
    i know gibson is fouling a bit here, but i still don't know where anderson is.

I don't think he knows either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Liam O wrote: »
    yeah I suppose that is a reasonable summary of it. But if Nani had been playing and done the same as Obertan he would be heavily criticised while Obertan seems to get praise no matter what he does.

Meh its the same with Foster(in a different way). If VDS was in goal tonight and conceded that goal, do you think fans here would be critizing him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

yeah I suppose that is a reasonable summary of it. But if Nani had been playing and done the same as Obertan he would be heavily criticised while Obertan seems to get praise no matter what he does.

yeah totally agree with you there. Nani would be slated, Obertan is new though and hasn't had as much games with united so he's gonna be given the benefit of the doubt..where as nani has frustrated a lot of people with his play so he's an easy target these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

You'd wonder why most of the United supporters bothered even showing up tonight. I've heard more noise at a funeral service.
    It's not called the library for nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

And rightly so Nani has had his fair amount of chances , and at this stage us Utd Fans expect to see improvement ,As for Obertan its his first start for us tonight and for want I see its has been pretty bright .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Better from Gibson there.

Great break by Gibson

rotinaj wrote: »
    Meh its the same with Foster(in a different way). If VDS was in goal tonight and conceded that goal, do you think fans here would be critizing him?

Yes. Foster is average - both for United & England and hasn't proved himself for either team.

Cripes - Nani's even a shaper when he's warming up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

yeah, don't think he was called that when he was 21 though...

Why didn't Owen start tonight?

Bandit12 wrote: »
    It's not called the library for nothing.

Schuuuush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

yeah, don't think he was called that when he was 21 though...

obertan's not 21 yet :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Great stuff from Obertan!

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Why didn't Owen start tonight?

Fergie didn't pick him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

bright stuff from Obertan there

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    And rightly so Nani has had his fair amount of chances , and at this stage us Utd Fans expect to see improvement ,As for Obertan its his first start for us tonight and for want I see its has been pretty bright .

I wouldn't exactly call being in and out of the team every 2 or 3 games as being given a 'fair chance imo' I'd be interested to find out whether Nani has played 5 games in a row for United since he moved here. I doubt it.

Fake blood.

obertan's not 21 yet :P

:o fine then, 20 and a half ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I wouldn't exactly call being in and out of the team every 2 or 3 games as being given a 'fair chance imo' I'd be interested to find out whether Nani has played 5 games in a row for United since he moved here. I doubt it.
    Well Obertan has had about 5 appearances and has already shown enough quality to become 1st choice over Nani.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

Time to bring on Scholes/Carrick for Anderson

And maybe Owen aswell

This is all very frustrating.

Boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Have faith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

That was awful/pathetic.

Well Obertan has had about 5 appearances and has already shown enough quality to become 1st choice over Nani.

I'll need to see examples of this 'quality' all I've seen him do is mi**** crosses and take bad shots. Just because he can run fast, doesn't mean he is quality, while I hope I'm proved greatly wrong, I just don't see it at the moment. There is still time to drill new qualities into him but at the moment I don't think he is better than Nani.

Whats has he actually done in these five appearances. Has he scored? Has he set up any goals

Evra looks like he's gonna come on. Wonder if he was practicing on the Playstation while he was on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Gibson is sh1t.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Gibson is sh1t.

No hes not. He didnt do alot tonight, but has been a lot better than Ando. Would you call Ando sh1t?

I'll need to see examples of this 'quality' all I've seen him do is mi**** crosses and take bad shots. Just because he can run fast, doesn't mean he is quality, while I hope I'm proved greatly wrong, I just don't see it at the moment. There is still time to drill new qualities into him but at the moment I don't think he is better than Nani.
    rotinaj wrote: »
    Whats has he actually done in these five appearances. Has he scored? Has he set up any goals

Open your eyes ffs. He's in the team, Nani isn't. That fact speaks for itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Depressing when the opposition support makes more noise than your own at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

iv never been so happy to see carrick come on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Utd to score in the 87th minute ie ...Typical Tuesday / Wednesday night Football ;)

Open your eyes ffs. He's in the team, Nani isn't. That fact speaks for itself.

Nani is out of the team because he has had has chances and blew then. All Obertan has done tonight is beat a few players and put is sh1t crosses. The excat same as Nani has done when he is in the team.

I bet ye were impress with Nani in his first 5 games too.

Here comes ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

this is bloody embarrassing stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i love the way you could hear about 5 people yell as vidic brought the ball forward, and Tyldsley says, 'urged on by the Stretford End....'

slight exaggeration there Clive ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

redout wrote: »
    Depressing when the opposition support makes more noise than your own at home.

Could be worse , at least United fans are not booing their own team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That was a pathetic attempt at a free by Carrick.

Headshot wrote: »
    iv never been so happy to see carrick come on

Would of been even happier f Scholes was coming on for Ando aswel

Cola Turka, sponsors of the Besiktas jersey, is a cola brand from Turkish company Ülker that is also sold in Germany, Austria, The Netherlands, Belgium, France and Denmark.

THAT's how enthralled I am by this display.

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote: »
    Could be worse , at least United fans are not booing their own team.

Only coz half of them have dozed off.

Advertisement