Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flooding near Glasson????

• 25-11-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    My Geography is pretty poor! Can anyone tell me if the Glasson/Ballykeeran area are being affected by flooding? My mother and some friends are booked into the Wineport Lodge at the weekend and are wondering if they will have trouble getting there and if the area is affected. They will be travelling from Galway and as I understand it the roads have re-opened, but with all the warnings on the radio, and with what we've gone through here in Galway for the last week, they are concerned.... any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

You should ring the wineport, there's a good chance that they will be experiencing some flooding, across the lake the Hodson Bay's car park is flooded. The access road to the wineport should be alright as it is a good few feet above the normal water level, but ya never know!

Advertisement