Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most enjoyable multiplayer FPS of the decade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

To be honest, iv had far more entertainment from playing online modifcations than actual games. Some of the best years of gaming i had online were back in 1998-2000 playing the likes of Team Fortress and Counter strike (when they first came out), Action Half Life, Sven Co-op etc

It's Quite hard for me to pin point one though that's quite recent, so im going to go with either Battlefield 2142 or Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Star Wars Battlefront 2 was also quite epic.

But Battlefield 2 gets my vote for sure. No contest.

For me, honorable mention to Soldier of Fortune 2.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Overheal wrote: »
    And L4D! wtf kind of Poll is this?! I call shennanigans.

It would be enough to have one Battlefield option, one counterstrike option, MoH option, etc etc.

Poll is loaded.

I second the motion of shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Can't believe TF2 isn't on that list.
    No other game before or since has given such an illusion of choice relating to play styles, plot progression, item usage, item customisation, level design, etc. The perfect polish of this futuristic cyberpunk world where the future is not so far fetched yet balanced for gameplay elements. The dated graphics and animations do not limit how immersive this experience is, while the combat can be new and exciting not depending on each play through but as you play. It is a shame that when you complete it many times in many different ways that eventually the prestige dulls and the turns are easily seen. However like many good magic acts the first 3-4 times are spellbinding and at 13 - 15 hours a play through, well I doubt people that have played the game could measure how much time they spent on it....

Don't remember Deus Ex being very multiplayer focused. Wasn't even included in the original release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

lol missed the mulitplayer word there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

F1ngers wrote: »
    +1.

Where is MGO???:mad:
    While MGO is a great online component of a great game, its not an FPS.

Metal Gear solid is not an FPS, first person shooters ONLY.
    I forgot TF2 and a few others so could a mod add them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well Gears of War is up there so only fair MetalGearOnline can be included too.

Its a fairly poor list to be honest, no HL2 Deathmatch....you can throw TOILETS at people!!!!! Come on.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Theres one game not on that list - Natural Selection - anyone who has played it knows what I mean (a mod for half life)

On the list, hmmm, Battlefield 2, just for the sheer fun and great moments in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Is it worth adding borderlands?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

jonny72 wrote: »
    Theres one game not on that list - Natural Selection - anyone who has played it knows what I mean (a mod for half life)

On the list, hmmm, Battlefield 2, just for the sheer fun and great moments in it.

Yep NS! FPS with the most longevity I've played this decade - great craic

Other then that, it'd be DoD, but again not on the list...? I'll have to second the shenanigans comment earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Wossack wrote: »
    Yep NS! FPS with the most longevity I've played this decade - great craic

Other then that, it'd be DoD, but again not on the list...? I'll have to second the shenanigans comment earlier

Second for dod/s!
    btw why is gears of war on the list?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Battlefield 1942/2/2142
    Counter Strike (Source)
    Call of Duty 2
    Call of Duty 4/5/6
    Battlefield Bad company
    Unreal 2k4/3
    Crysis
    Call of Duty:Spin off i.e. Big red one e.t.c.
    Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault
    Medal of Honor: Airborne
    Halo 1/2/3
    Gears of War (And its sequels)
    Brother in Arms(And its sequels)
    Killzone (And its sequels)

jesus christ. soooooo many nabs nowadays. where the f**k is quake ?

Jazzy wrote: »
    jesus christ. soooooo many nabs nowadays. where the f**k is quake ?
    Now if anyone says CoD4 your either a newbie to FPS or are a console gamer and know no better!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

LOL WUT

Wheres battlefield: Vietnam?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Theres only space for 15 games, I put down my 15 most memorable games >_>

If you liked BF:V vote 1942/2/2142, its the same series!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Still waiting on a FPS multiplayer to surpass Planetside, sure CoD 4/6 is great fun in small doses but Planetside was legendary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Eh Counter Strike in fairness. No game still has me playing as long (10 years)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

from the list i voted UT2004. Cant remember the last time i enjoyed the rush of playing a game like UT2004

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Unreal 2k4/3, I would have separated them out as two games, you had to be there, but 2k3 was fairly stodgy and buggy when it first appeared.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

gears of war?

****test / list poll ive seen here for a while. Gears isnt even an fps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

HL2DM for me. Game itself was as buggy as **** at times, but it's the game i had most fun on thanks to a few great communities. Bunny hoppping around like a lunatic while being able to snipe people with the mag was f*cking great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BF42 /Bf2/MOhaa for me

all for MP tho HL wins it for single player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I found Swat 4 to be the most fun but if you're talking in relative time I'd say Perfect Dark would run it very close

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Crysis and Gears of ****e, yet no mention of Team Fortress 2?

I say again, ???

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Worst. Poll. Ever. :p Where's TFC, CS 5.2, COD1, Vietcong, OpFlash? :D
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Half-Life deathmatch. Crossfire, double cross and boot camp are legendary.
    QFT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

No Enemy Territory: Quake Wars? I'd vote this if it was there!

A lot of people seem to be confusing what best FPS of the decade actually means (mentioning Half-Life, TFC etc.), so you may want to clarify the title. 'Most enjoyable multiplayer FPS of the 2000s' or something.

And Gears of War is not an FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Battlefield 2. I've had some epic battles on that game, Karkand all the way chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

kaimera wrote: »
    1942 Desert Combat mod.

This

Then bf2, I thought DC was far better but bf2 was better then anything else going. And DC had aged.

X-fire has me down as over 1000 hours logged on bf2. Was in a clan for 3+ years playing that game (from dc) and its mods.

:o

starseige tribes just about squeezes into this decade...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not very fashionable about these parts but Halo 2 online still stands out for me.

Advertisement