Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most enjoyable multiplayer FPS of the decade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    This

Then bf2, I thought DC was far better but bf2 was better then anything else going. And DC had aged.

X-fire has me down as over 1000 hours logged on bf2. Was in a clan for 3+ years playing that game (from dc) and its mods.

46% sniper accuracy. Since its all I ever played. My vote is for BF2 as well.

Its still good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Black Hawk Down MP was one of the few online games that I really loved (because it's one of the few online games that I was actually good at). Other than that, I always enjoyed Battlefield 2 especially when you had large groups fighting at a choke point. Really frantic and great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Serious Sam ought to be on the list. A big one in our group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Funglegunk wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to be confusing what best FPS of the decade actually means (mentioning Half-Life, TFC etc.), so you may want to clarify the title. 'Most enjoyable multiplayer FPS of the 2000s' or something.
    I think a lot of people, namely you (;)), are confusing what the title means. Not whether a game was released within the past 10 years, but rather what MP FPS game you have enjoyed playing within the past ten years. Having played TFC up to 2002 and HLDM up until the present day, I think they're fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Serious Sam ought to be on the list. A big one in our group.

good call, that was a quality game and so much fun.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Battlefield 1942/2/2142

Never really warmed to BF.

Counter Strike (Source)
    Spawn, buy guns, "Fire in the hole!" ad nausium dead, meh

Call of Duty
    Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault
    Played MoH:AA and CoD1 to death on the college LAN! Great fun

Call of Duty 4/5/6
    Never played CoD4 online, only getting into MW2 now.

Crysis
    Awful, awful multiplayer

Halo 1/2/3
    Only played Halo 1 on the PC and so I won't comment. ;)

Other (Post in thread and I may add to the poll)
    Team fortress 2 and the L4D games for gawd sake!

EDIT: Oh and Goldeneye!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

5uspect wrote: »
    EDIT: Oh and Goldeneye!

Wrong decade;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I guess TF2 gets my vote, though HL2 Deathmatch should get an honorable mention too.

I was going to complain about Far Cry not being on the list but then I spotted the word 'multiplayer' in the title :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Now that I think of it the original Half Life multiplayer was the dogs bollox.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Wrong decade;)
    LOL
    I'm pretty sure I was playing it into this decade!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Where's TFC, TF2, HL2DM and L4D? I think mine is somewhere between those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

COD 2 by far lads, and the Battlefield WW2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

The Ship.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

UT2004 & Quake 3/Live for multiplayer
    On the console it would have to be Halo 1. so so so much fun. talk about games bringing ppl together.

single player - Half Life 2, Deus Ex, Bioshock and Return to Castle Wolfenstein would have to be mine. dunno what it was about RTCW but i just loved it.
    honourable mention to Doom 3 too i suppose. it was fun to play through a modern Doom game despite its flaws. had an amazing atmosphere and cool enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Planetside :)

Best multiplayer FPS to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i loved bf2142 just because of the ships and the added bit of storming them and the pds etc.....

bf series is amazing when people actully work together and dont just feck off...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i should reinstall bf2142...more so because I'm leaving my pc here in ireland when I move to UK I use my mac for filmwork and bringing both and 360 will be difficult so one has to stay home and pc drew the short straw...

sh*t there is alot of pc games I should play again before january 1st I guess. Maybe just everything on this list.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aaro26

**** I didn't see the 2 in the battlefield selections, If I saw that I would have voted for it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Has anyone made the argument that Gears isn't an FPS yet? :)

Anyway, although I enjoyed COD, CSS, Battlefield (despite it's many, many bugs) I voted for Killzone. The first one really made a solid attempt at bringing PC-style difficult gameplay to a console, and the second is an almost flawless iteration of a game. I still cannot believe it looks that good (so good it almost puts Crysis to shame, in places), and the online community is very active and importantly - good. It's too hard for 13 year old racist/sexist/gay-bashing morons to jump in and play, so it's left to real players with some level of skill.

I know it's kind of lazy to go on about a game released in 2009 as being "best in the decade" but Half Life 2 isn't in that list so my choice remains on a console. Even as a PC gamer I love it. It's also nice to play a genuinely good experience on a 40" HDTV while relaxing with a joypad in your hand... no crouching awkwardly over a desk with a keyboard and mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ColSheehan

Has to be Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory for me :) Been playing since 2005 and well I've been hooked since. Still playing to this day and I would recommend people to play if they can :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Timesplitters 2 for me! One of my favourite games of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

TF2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I like CoD but it has to be Killzone 2 for me. The 25 minute long battles can feel like a real slog and theres more satisfaction when my team wins. Ive also yet to hear some 13 yr old langer talking ****e on his mic in Killzone 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

Isnt that because there is only about 5 PS3 owners with Headsets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

For me it's Halo 1 , Gears of War 2 , Crysis , Left for Dead, Timesplitters 2 and Uncharted 2 (if Gears of War counts so does this).

And my number 1 spot goes to Perfect Dark on the N64. It just about counts as the last decade. :D

Seeker wrote: »
    Isnt that because there is only about 5 PS3 owners with Headsets?

Nearly everytime i play MW2 there seems to be some langer (usually american or english) on a mic anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Nearly everytime i play MW2 there seems to be some langer (usually american or english) on a mic anyway.

huh? someone from cork who lives in USA or england ? :confused:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    huh? someone from cork who lives in USA or england ? :confused:

You don't have to be from Cork to be a langer.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Timesplitters 3: Future Perfect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

COD4, Haven't played most of the others. The Battlefield games I played had very weird damage zones which just annoyed me.

Advertisement