Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best coffee on campus?

Options
  • 25-11-2009 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

As the title says, who in your opinion/experience does the best coffee in UCD?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Not the Arts cafe anyway.

I'd usually stick with 911 and the SU shop under the library. Starbucks over in Elements do a good coffee, but they're madly expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

Coffee is fairly rough campus-wide unfortunately. But for a truly awful coffee try the fast food place in the student centre, that's proper swill.

The stuff in the SU shop isn't too bad as mentioned above, but go to the machine with the buttons on it, don't use the filter coffee tap, that stuff is like tar.

911 coffee is ok, but the service is almost always slow and surly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

First comes the stuff out of the machine in the SU shops and a close second is insomnia(conway institute).O'briens "coffee" has to be the worst i've had on campus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Insomnia in the Conway institute, hands down...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

fatal wrote:
    ...insomnia(conway institute).
    dyl10 wrote:
    Insomnia in the Conway institute, hands down...

I always figured that Insomnia up at Quinn would've been the same stuff, no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

The coffee in 911 is muck and it will scald the tongue off you.
    The su coffee is nicer and cheaper than 911,Insomnia in conway is the best I think and starbucks in elements is 2nd bestest its a shame they give u half a cup of coffee and half a cup of foam :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I live on the SU shop coffee, cheap and effective. It's that stage of term when quantity of coffee is more important than quality tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭pepsi1234

Insomnia when I had money. SU shop when I was skint

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Notorious wrote: »
    I always figured that Insomnia up at Quinn would've been the same stuff, no?

Nah, for me Insomnia isn't the most consistent across it's shops.
    I'd dare to venture, it's much the same as beer of the same brand between different pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Elements is the best coffee on campus,hands down.it'll just cost you an arm and a leg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Vamp

Ah, Insomnia in Quinn, hands down..! Bit pricey maybe butt defo the best ive encountered so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I live on the SU shop coffee, cheap and effective. It's that stage of term when quantity of coffee is more important than quality tbh.

thumbs up for that.

A cup of SU diesel sorts you out for an good hour at a time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Once a week I have a lecture in science and always get a coffee and a kinder bueno from the tiny SU shop there (€2.15 for both!) and I must admit that that coffee is exceptionally good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I like 911 but its always too hot..my tongue still hurts from coffee i had yesterday.

Starbucks is also excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

There's a fairtrade machine now opposite the SU shop under the library; coffee and hot chocolate is the best on campus and dirt cheap. People probably won't be as stupid as me but when you put in your money and pick something the machine drops a cup out for you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

What time does the Starbucks counter in elements open at?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

8.30am during term, not sure outside of term. Think it's opening at about 11 at weekends at the moment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

jimi_t wrote: »
    People probably won't be as stupid as me but when you put in your money and pick something the machine drops a cup out for you :D

I wouldn't worry about that.:o

On the plus side,I now know know you can get tea on campus after the library shop closes!:)

Advertisement