Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europe allocate €14.8m to help Dell Workers in Limerick

Options
  • 25-11-2009 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

After handing Dell €50m to move to Poland, the EU Comission has ratified the introduction of an assistance fund for those affected by Dell upping sticks to Poland...

Link.

Anyone know what way this works? Where does the money go? Incentives for new businesses, former employees? My father lost his job, as a knock-on from Dell moving on, but wasn't directly employed by them. Will he 'benefit' from this 'benefit'?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

It's good news indeed that the fund was approved today. I wish the best of luck to my former colleagues. Former flextronics, Banta and Sercom workers will benefit from this too if that helps.

Only thing we need is for the government to get the thumb out of the bum and act fast on this.

Audio here: http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1125/dell_av.html?2655754,null,209

Advertisement