Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids on the forum

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I have not reported any posts as one thread was locked 5 days ago for review and other posts do not warrent reporting yet , in my opinion.I just wondered did other people think , like me , that we were going down a slippery slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

OldGoat wrote: »
    "it is not reasonable to expect mods/admins to act as some kind of moral adjudicator of post content". Thats true, it is unreasonable but it's necessary and it's what the mods-admins do day in day out.

They act as 'adjudicators' alright, but im not sure they act as 'moral' adjudicators. The point I am making is that one parent's views as to what their kids should be exposed to is very different to another's and I dont think it is reasonable for mods to make that kind of assessment. There are some lines that shouldnt be crossed, but they tend to be borderline legal issues (racism, harrassment etc) - if the mods need to start taking into consoderation what little Billly's mammy wouldnt want him to see, a forum like this wouldn't be capable of operating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ACtually one of the reason's the Sex and & sexuallity forum is not public is to that little billy's mammy can't be ringing Joe and givng out about him reading it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

You just know little billy's mammy is called mary, and is from malahide....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

sceptre wrote: »
    Have you raised your concerns directly with the Airsoft mods? They're not ogres.

Haven't you met o1s1n? He's a pretty scary dude with his trenchcoat and long hair! ;)

On a serious note, the Airsoft forum doesn't seem to have much of a problem with bad language or sexual references. Though I have seen closed 'Troll' & 'Baiting' threads in AH that were more civil that some of the emotive threads that have appeared in the Airsoft forum.

Please o1s1n, don't shoot me! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I think posters should be allowed to retract un-parliamentry language.

As we know, that cancels it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

sdonn wrote: »
    It's a forum about shooting each other with very realistic imitation guns. If they aren't old enough to be using the f-word they shouldn't be there, tbh.
    38 posts in and not one example linked to or quoted of immaturity in the airsoft forum :confused:

if you think the forum needs to start enforcing a certain level of maturity/decorum then take it up with the mods of that forum. I know for instance that the politics and Personal Issues mods do not put up with that kind of shit and the sky hasnt started burning or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I read that forum a bit too much tbh, and the worst I've seen is a reference to wood, on a wooden furnitured gun.

Airsoft is like a 15's film, after watching it a bit, you wonder why it wasn't rated pg, then theres a mild reference of some sort, and you go ah.. that's why.

I've seen worse on coronation street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I disagree all kids around the pre-pubescent to early teens age groups are exposed to sexual language all the time on TV, among their peers etc, but I do agree it is not Boards.ie's responsibility to ensure such a demographic is protected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

You just know little billy's mammy is called mary, and is from malahide....

I thought she was from Terenure? :confused: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Haven't you met o1s1n? He's a pretty scary dude with his trenchcoat and long hair! ;)

You seem to be getting me confused with someone else! I haven't warn a trench coat in over a decade.

Unless you've been following me for a lot longer than I've known you on here..

<.<

>.>
    On a serious note, the Airsoft forum doesn't seem to have much of a problem with bad language or sexual references. Though I have seen closed 'Troll' & 'Baiting' threads in AH that were more civil that some of the emotive threads that have appeared in the Airsoft forum.

Please o1s1n, don't shoot me! :p

I know we're not here to police what children see, but personally I try to remove any sexual content on the forum that goes beyond PG-13. The odd comment may have slipped by over the last three years but I think as a whole we run a tight enough watch.

Advertisement