Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live & Eircom

• 25-11-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I hope I'm in the right section.

I've been with Eircom for years now and have never had any problems (well none that have bothered me too much anyway).

Over the last couple of months I've been having huge problems connecting to Xbox live with them. It used to be that as soon as I tried to go onto Live it would happen straight away (or at worst the 3rd/4th time of trying). Now I could be waiting 20 or 30 minutes before I get online.

I have no problems using the internet on my laptop and when I do actually get connected to xbox live I rarely have a problem (i.e. I can sign in and out of live with no problems). I only seems to have problems with my initial connection after turning the console on.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so have you been able to rectify it?

I'm sure you'll agree that having to wait up to 30 minutes to get on xbox live is unacceptable.

633426808.png

4356623.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

I hope I'm in the right section.

I've been with Eircom for years now and have never had any problems (well none that have bothered me too much anyway).

Over the last couple of months I've been having huge problems connecting to Xbox live with them. It used to be that as soon as I tried to go onto Live it would happen straight away (or at worst the 3rd/4th time of trying). Now I could be waiting 20 or 30 minutes before I get online.

I have no problems using the internet on my laptop and when I do actually get connected to xbox live I rarely have a problem (i.e. I can sign in and out of live with no problems). I only seems to have problems with my initial connection after turning the console on.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so have you been able to rectify it?

I'm sure you'll agree that having to wait up to 30 minutes to get on xbox live is unacceptable.

633426808.png

4356623.png
    i have a similar problem take my ps3 and xbox about 20mins to sign in and my pc take 8 to 10min to work doing my head in at the moment hate eircom what a crap company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

You're firewall settings are at Low? I had to change mine again last night as my router was reset. Couldn't figure out what the problem was for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stevejcraven

Vyse wrote: »
    You're firewall settings are at Low? I had to change mine again last night as my router was reset. Couldn't figure out what the problem was for ages.

Yes mate.

Advertisement