Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disillusioned!!

Options
  • 25-11-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I am getting so confused. I know what I firmly believe in and I dont know if its the fundamental basis of another religion..

I was raised strict Catholic but as an adult up to quite recently attending mass every Sunday. I found that I didnt get anything from being there and have stopped going.

I believe in God, I believe in the power of God and I have a strong faith in my Guardian Angel. I am finding that I am turning away from people. I see the double standards everywhere, the lack of trying to understand and the irony of preaching about God contradicting it all. I want to live a good true life and I believe in what goes around comes around. I have respect for several religions and have often thought on the principal of its better to believe in something than not believe at all.

I am falling out of love with the Catholic church, its strict narrowmindness and lack of understanding and care. Its resistance to adapt to modern living and embrace change.

My question is - do you think that a religion exists that is more suited to my beliefs? I admire many other religions and love the spirtuality of all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Go to the following link and you might just find an interesting answer.

http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/BeliefOMatic.aspx

The quiz is put together in a very thought provoking way so at least it will get you on the road to asking yourself some deeper questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 michael58

have a look at all the answers and I bet you pick the best one rather than the one you have the most faith in

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

The trouble with religion is that we generally are expected to adhere to the beliefs of our most recent ancestors. Most popular religions are dogmatic and ritualistic - partly to ensure that people are habitualized or some say 'brain-washed' into participating.

Free thinking people are bound to challenge what they have been taught, especially if their instinctive feelings contradict their inherited religious values. Perhaps the best thing is to try and formulate what you believe, if then you can find a religion that fits then grand, it not does it really matter? Your personal relationship with spirit/god/whatever is surely more important than a neat box to fit it in or a ready made congregation to join.

www.electricpublications.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

The trouble with religion is that we generally are expected to adhere to the beliefs of our most recent ancestors. Most popular religions are dogmatic and ritualistic - partly to ensure that people are habitualized or some say 'brain-washed' into participating.

Free thinking people are bound to challenge what they have been taught, especially if their instinctive feelings contradict their inherited religious values. Perhaps the best thing is to try and formulate what you believe, if then you can find a religion that fits then grand, it not does it really matter? Your personal relationship with spirit/god/whatever is surely more important than a neat box to fit it in or a ready made congregation to join.

www.electricpublications.com

I would agree with this. follow your heart, read the books that grab your attention, dont try to put a label on your beliefs. You will find your way.

Advertisement