Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovering a table

• 25-11-2009 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi, Im looking at getting myself a second hand pub style table and im just wondering how much recovering one would cost? I dont want to go and buy one thinking im getting great value and then have to spend a fortune.
    Also, where can i get it done?
    The table im looking at is a 6ft one by the way.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Putting one of the top cloths on is a necessity and that should cost you in the region of €200

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AndyWhite

Thats a bit more than i expected alright. Twice the price of the table in fact! If you are doing that, do they come out to you? It would be pretty difficult to bring a pool table in to them id imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Yeah they will come out to your premises and re=fit the table
    www.ejriley.ie are good at what they do;

And there are many other options out there too; So do ring around for pricing; Its relativly simple and quick enough job for the pros about 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AndyWhite

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Tipperarymike

if thats ok with the OP.

We have a full size snooker table that we just got last year. It is in an outside shed. Like a garage but we dont have heating etc in it so think garage just maybe not as comfy. Anyway lately the cloth has been eaten by a sort of worm or lice. Has anyone got experience of this problem or an idea how to prevent it? In the last couple of days it seems to have got worse but before we go to the expense of recovering it I just want to find out what we need to do.

Thanks for taking the time

Michael

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Not fully on topic, but is associated with recovering a table; you won't believe this; a cat recently managed to get into our snooker room one evening, possibly through a window and pis**d on top of one of the tables. There was a cover on it, which had to be sent away and cleaned and a good bit on elbow grease from the club chairman got the stain out of the cloth which was only mildly affected...How mad was that!!!!

Advertisement