Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you looking forward to most this Christmas?

2»

Comments

For me it's being in bed on Christmas Eve, having had a great night with friends in the pub, looking forward to Christmas Day, remembering all the excitement that I had years ago on Christmas Eve and thinking how my nieces and nephew will be feeling the same excitement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I'm sooo looking forward to the time off work, some time with my family and being able to go home and cuddle my dog for days on end!! Can't wait :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Getting to spend lots of time with my husband and family. The BIG christmas dinner and of course the presents!!! Also looking forward to almost 2 work free weeks.... pure bliss...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Exams and college over for the year

(Hopefully) get my grant and spend on my nephews :) (lights of my life) ;)

Christmas Eve mass (1 time of the year I go)

Pub after to see all the people

Getting kicked out around 11 and going to someone's house for a few drinks and smokes

The excitement on my nephew's (and my) faces

The AWESOME dinner

Remembering those who are no longer at our table :( sad but necessary.

Telling great stories about those who are no longer at our table :)

Eating and drinking loads

Yankee candles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

I'm looking forward to the peace that settles on me on Christmas eve after all the frantic rush. I look forward to gazing at the winter sky, hopefully a little snow.If not then the twinkling stars against a velvet black sky. I can reflect in quiet. the years events and renew my faith. I need that feeling of loness -always someone crowding in, but Christmas eve is mine. Christmas Day I look forward to family and friends, good chats and memories of past Christmas. Happiness and cheer. I love Christmas, it's everything good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Deki wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the peace that settles on me on Christmas eve after all the frantic rush. I look forward to gazing at the winter sky, hopefully a little snow.If not then the twinkling stars against a velvet black sky. I can reflect in quiet. the years events and renew my faith. I need that feeling of loness -always someone crowding in, but Christmas eve is mine. Christmas Day I look forward to family and friends, good chats and memories of past Christmas. Happiness and cheer. I love Christmas, it's everything good.

What a beautiful post. I really know what you mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

christmas dinner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

A bit of craic with the family I suppose.:pac:

And the presents of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

The feel of being back at home in my parents house -I haven't been home in six months

Fighting with Catching up with my brother, who I also haven't seen for six months and am missing the rows banter we have

The freedom that comes with not having to worry about exams, assignments and lectures

Long walks in the forest near our house

Big snoozes in my childhood bedroom

Lying by a big open fire, Bailey's coffee in hand

Spending time with my uncle who's been in and out of hospital for the past three years

Seeing my boyfriend and my family open the presents I got them on Christmas morning

Mam's gravy

Laughing at my boyfriend compete with my 11 year old cousin when we go ice-skating

Laughing at myself when I fall over for the umpteenth time when we go ice-skating

Having a major Ladies Night with all the girlies I only ever see when I'm home

Being able to see millions of stars every night that I can never see when living in the city

Seeing the face on my Dad whenever he catches myself and the boyf havin a quick hug :o

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Thought of some more:

Looking at Dad's proud face as he marvels at the enormous fire he was able to fit in a normal sized fireplace. :rolleyes:

Popping the Xmas morning champers out the back door and having the dog run away with and bury the cork.

Turkey sandwiches at about 10pm when we are all lounging on the sofa with a big mugga tae!

Christmas night new pyjamas (always get pjs at xmas)

Pulling crackers during dinner

Between course walks to rebuild the appetite

Decorating the tree and having the dog attack the tinsel

Stephens Day repetition!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

The food and the time off and the decorations and the music and the Christmassy feeling in the front sitting room with the decorations and oooh the whole thing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Staying in my pj's all day Christmas Eve and snuggling up in a blanket beside the fire place with My boyfriend watching cheesy Christmas films all day eating nothing but selection boxes:p

Then exchanging all the presents Christmas Day and eating Christmas dinner yummy.:D And finally spending the rest of the holdiday eating leftover turkey sandwiches yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

Hopefully some nice christmas dinner, also looking forward to seeing my minilolly's reaction to what santa bring's her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

-The food

-The drink

-THE TRIP OF A LIFETIME TO LAS VEGAS!!! YEEHA!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Christmas dinner with all the very merry family members this year it will be a goose and some venison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,789 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Getting to spend 10 whole days with my wife & kids. (I work abroad.)
    Watching them open their pressies on Christmas morning. (Not too early!)
    Cooking them all Christmas dinner.
    Playing with the kids.
    Playing with my wife. ;)
    Sleeping in my own bed.
    Catching up with friends & family that I don't see often enough.
    A pint of Guinness by a roaring fire.
    My Mammy's spiced beef.
    My own turkey giblet soup.
    Snow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I bet you put on some Christmas dinner spread Hill Billy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I bought a bottle of Pimm's in duty free the other day. I am going to drink the whole thing myself, starting on Christmas Eve so I can spend Christmas nicely toasted

(not really looking forward to Christmas this year but as that is not a happy thing I won't comment any further! :))

Advertisement