Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brain of Morbius

Options
  • 25-11-2009 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Just got round (FINALLY!) to watching this!!

Have to say thoroughly enjoyed it. I feel it will become one of my favourite classic episodes. Loved the gothic feel to it!
    Great story and lovely extras on disc too (great narration by Paul Mc Gann as ever!)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

One of my faves that one, from the very first time I saw it when it was first broadcast. When I think of Tom Bakers Dr it's one of the ones I think of.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Great Gothic horror episode, typical of that era, a lovely Who-twist on Frankenstein's monster. Also noteworthy for Morbius vs the Doctor where you could have, loosely, interpreted Hartnell's Doctor not to have been the Doctor's first incarnation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gareth789

Good old episodes, saw the prop of Morbius in Blackpool exhibition way, way back, actually last week when I used the TARDIS to go back 35 years on a trip to Lancashire.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

ixoy wrote: »
    Also noteworthy for Morbius vs the Doctor where you could have, loosely, interpreted Hartnell's Doctor not to have been the Doctor's first incarnation.

The mindbending game is always the first thing I think of every time the whole regenerations debate crops up. Cracking story, and my favourite Doctor-Companion pairing.

Advertisement