Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need to get me a D1 license and an EB license....

• 25-11-2009 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭

OK little background...
    I have a Full B license for the past 5 years, but need to get myself a D1 and EB license, just a few quesitons that someone might know....

EB: Do I need to apply for a provisional EB first, and then apply for the full EB? Is there a theory test?

D1: Again, I assume that I need to apply for a provisional D1 first, then apply for the full D1? Again, is there a theory test?

Thank for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Cheers, found plenty of threads on boards when I searched :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

JohnCleary wrote: »
    D1: Again, I assume that I need to apply for a provisional D1 first, then apply for the full D1? Again, is there a theory test?

Thank for any help :)
    Kill 2 birds with the one stone and forget about the D1 and go straight for the D. Most people who do the D1 end up going for the D and regret not doing it first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Kill 2 birds with the one stone and forget about the D1 and go straight for the D. Most people who do the D1 end up going for the D and regret not doing it first time.

Exact same thing was said to me earlier today :) Might just do that, thanks.

Can I apply for the provisional EB and D at the same time? Or do I have to do 2 seperate tests do you know?

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Can I apply for the provisional EB and D at the same time? Or do I have to do 2 seperate tests do you know?
    Yes, (assuming of course that you have a full category B licence). You will have to do seperate driving tests for each category.

For the EB, you will be required to have held the learner Permit for 6 months before taking a test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Yes, (assuming of course that you have a full category B licence). You will have to do seperate driving tests for each category.
    What if he passes his D test, gets an ED provisional and applies for an ED test - didn't you say before that a full ED licence then gets awarded because there is no facility for doing an ED test in this country? Is EB awarded automatically with ED?

BrianD3 wrote: »
    didn't you say before that a full ED licence then gets awarded because there is no facility for doing an ED test in this country?
    I did think that as I was given an ED licence on application for it. I subsequently learned that I was entitled to it by default as I already had an EC licence. I'm still not sure though, if they actually do ED tests. I've never seen one being conducted nor have I ever heard of anyone doing it!
    BrianD3 wrote:
    Is EB awarded automatically with ED?
    Yes.

Advertisement