Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you topping up your heating oil b4 budget day?

Options
  • 25-11-2009 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

How do you think heating oil prices will be affected in the budget?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

current price can be had at abour €500 / 1000 litres and its been relatively steady.

Budget won't add too much in carbon tax this year. My guess is about 3c per litre, which would add €30 to the fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue - Moved to Irish Economy

EDIT: can't move the thread right now. Post away until I can.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It will hardly be more than 5c per litre so a "top up" would hardly be worth it. Even on 1000 litres it's relatively small fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

A carbon tax on heating oil will not happen, otherwise it'll be free for all from northern suppliers. If you live near the border get your oil from the north. Same as they wont hit petrol, as this will kill the northern trade coming south. When will this governemnt suddenly realise we are situated beside a very accesable EU border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

snaps wrote: »
    A carbon tax on heating oil will not happen, otherwise it'll be free for all from northern suppliers. If you live near the border get your oil from the north. Same as they wont hit petrol, as this will kill the northern trade coming south. When will this governemnt suddenly realise we are situated beside a very accesable EU border.

Carbon tax on heating oil is 100% coming in the budget, petrol is also going to be hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Stupid buggers, I thought a few years back i remember Bertie saying Ireland would bring VAT on heating oil down to 5% the same as the north. Sillly silly people if they go with extra VAT on Fuel/Oil etc. Means more cross border shopping

Advertisement