Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

launderette problem

Options
  • 25-11-2009 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

hi all . i left my laundry in to be washed and dryed . when i received the clothes back , there were 2 garments not belonging to me in the bag , i brought these back / it wasnt until 2 days later my girlfriend noticed her new skirt was missing . she went down to speak with the launderette and was more or less told what did she want them to do . i guess i want to know - what can she do from here if the skirt is not handed back in ,afterall its hardly her fault . thank in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The launderette probably have a sign on the wall somewhere with T&Cs covering themselves in a situation like this. If they don't have them clearly displayed somewhere, then you should ask for compensation if the skirt is not returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

no didnt see no sign , made a point of looking earlier today . thank for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It might not be on the wall, it could also be on the reverse of the receipt or docket you got.

I'd be higly surprised if they didn't have something somewhere - otherwise they're leaving themselves wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

but even so , it does not sound right that if something goes missing u are totally to blame . at the end of the day the garment was left in, in good faith for them to provide a service , why should i or anybody else in this situation be left to fit the bill , we know it was left in and they screwed up the order . if this happened in most other jobs , i would imagine the customer would be compensated

Advertisement