Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda waste collection

Options
  • 25-11-2009 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of moving to Panda for my waste collection. Does anyone have any experience of using them??

Would it work out cheaper than paying to 110 to fingal county council and then 8 euro for a bin tag every two weeks??????

Also does anyone know if you switch do you have to inform Fingal County council??

Thanks (apologies if this in wrong forum)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

We went with them last year and love them. 282e we paid for the year, thats 52 pick ups, not the 3 weeks out of 4 that fingal do. Once they missed our bin, my wife phoned up and they were back ten minutes later. This is in balbriggan btw. The only small complaint is that the salesman promised us he would get fingal to remove their old bins, but they are still outside the house now. Still, if thats all we have to worry about we are doing ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

This happened to me as well. I switched to Panda and they told me they would arrange for Fingal to take the bins away. A month later, I still had the Fingal bins so I got on to Panda and Panda themselves came to take the Fingal bins away. So, it may be worth your while to give Panda a call. I hated having six bins in my garden!!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

What is their customer service like?

Also do you have to sign a direct debit or pay the full amount up front?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Ive just revieved a bill from Fingal saying 110 is payable in january. If i sign up with Panda before then, do i need to let fingal know??

Also can it be paid monthly??

Are they good with collections i.e if they are due to collect on a certain day and its a bank holiday, do they come back another day?

I always thought that you would use the same bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭groomek

Yes you can pay monthly with panda.

You can ring fingal and let them know but also you can tell them to remove your old bins because you wont be using them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Jimdagym wrote: »
    We went with them last year and love them. 282e we paid for the year, thats 52 pick ups, not the 3 weeks out of 4 that fingal do.

Did you put your bin out 52 times in one year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I just rang them and they said they even pick up on bank holidays.

I will definitely put my bin out every week!!!!!!

What do i do with my rubbish in my old bins while im waiting for my new ones to be delivered???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Did you put your bin out 52 times in one year?
    Oh, very close to it. I'd be suprised if we missed 6 all year. The green bin collections cannot come quick enough either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭desiredbard

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Oh, very close to it. I'd be suprised if we missed 6 all year. The green bin collections cannot come quick enough either.

Yep but now they bought out the county council...
    Reduced collections
    Increased lifting charges (after forcing me to come of the fixed rate last august)

PANDA cant be extinct quick enough.
    I mean as soon as they own the market they rip their customers.

Is there any alternative to them, now Fingal CoCo has stopped

And

Is it legal for the councils to force us to use a PRIVATE waste management company

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please don't re-open a 2 year old thread on a topoic when there is an active one already

Thanks

Beasty

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement