Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kite Surfer Dies in Donegal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

I heard this. The priest was opened up by the rocks too.

Sad old story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

For those who read on phones (like I do a lot of the time)!!!!
    Kite-surfer dies in Co Donegal
    Tuesday, 24 November 2009

A kite-surfer in his mid-20s was swept to his death this afternoon on jagged rocks at Rossnowlagh, Co Donegal.

He was one of a group of students from Letterkenny IT and was from the Co Cavan village of Milltown, which is located between Belturbet and Ballyconnell.

The incident occurred at around 2.30pm when the man was suddenly lifted by the kite from the water and carried by a strong wind into the rocks.

An elderly priest from the nearby Franciscan Friary administered the last rites.

The wind was so strong that the priest was blown off his feet and also smashed against the rocks, suffering an injured elbow.

A local resident said: 'The sea was really turbulent and there were gale-force gusts of wind.'

The President of Letterkenny IT, Paul Hannigan, described the accident as 'a dreadful tragedy' and expressed sympathy with the dead man's family

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

David's funeral is being held friday in his hometown.
    There is a bus arranged by the school for anyone who would like to attend.

He was an amazing friend to so many of us. Im going to miss living with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Very sad. Im sure his folks must be in bits and equally his mates will surely miss him. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Im going to miss living with him.

Terrible when it hits so close to home, my sympathy go to you, his friends and family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Senna wrote: »
    Terrible when it hits so close to home, my sympathy go to you, his friends and family.

thanks senna. our whole group of friends are so messed up right now.
    we lived in ballyraine halls and very few people didnt know or love david.

our apartment will never be the same.

Advertisement