Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why don't car drivers leave their lights on, all the time?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

P.C. wrote: »
    High beams, or 'brights' are for when there is no oncomming traffic.

High beams are for when there is no one around!!

You are still blinding the guy in front of you via the mirrors if you turn your fecking high beam on behind him .. even though he's miles away !!

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭KevArno

Danuogma wrote: »
    If it is dark or dusk I will have my lights on. If it is a particularly dull or raining I will have my lights on. If it is broad daylight then there is feck all reason to have them turned on, lights off, simple as that. There is enough hand wringing nannyism in this country, we don't need any more.

It's hardly hand wringing nannyism! It is more effort for you to turn them on/off with the weather and conditions in Ireland. I am not the type to worry about stupid things but I think visibility on our roads is more important than people like you think...
    Realistically how many times have u heard after an accident 'i just didn't see that car' or 'it came out of no where'! This is because of careless drivers yes, but u having your lights on will prevent that. What have u got against having lights on? They are hardly an imposition!

Advertisement