Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunphy AGAIN

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

The RTE panel is hilarious, if a team wins, they're world beaters, if they lose, they're rubbish. Even if it's the same team the following week, doesn't matter!
    They praise Messi, but believe me, if they watched his performances every week, they'd find some fault and tell us he's the most over rated player in the world.
    Brady is a big loss to the panel, he disagreed with almost everything Dunphy said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

simonw wrote: »
    Ferguson has been coming out saying how wonderful he thinks Gibson is, when he rarely plays him,

I presume you mean when Ferguson was praising him coming up to the Carling Cup final last year? He stuck by his word and played him in the final, what direct quote from Ferguson about Gibson are or were you that shocked about?

SHOCK HORROR, MANAGER PRAISES YOUNG PLAYER. :rolleyes:
    Look, I don't have it in for Gibson. I'm just saying I don't think he's a top midfielder.

Name one person on here or anywhere else that said he was a top midfielder? :confused:
    Not necessarily tearing up the league at the moment (through injuries i think), but Theo Walcott and Carlos Vela are only one year older than him,
    as is Pato from AC Milan. Mario Balotelli from Inter is 19 actually. Think that fiorentina striker is around about that age too. Not to say I expect he should be as good as them at this age, but something to think about before putting Wellbeck on a pedestal.

3 of the players you mention above are prodigies. 2 play in a different league.

Vela and Wellbeck are on about the same level at the moment from what I have seen.

What pedestal have I put Wellbeck on?

You described him as
    Wellbeck is Darren Mansaram in a united jersey

Your the only one making sweeping statements to be fair.

I'm sure you wouldn't be so sensitive if it was David N'gog who I called out of his depth.

Actually have given N'Gog a fairly decent rating on these boards.
    And my opinions are neither based on one match, or eamonn dunphy. Seems to have hit a nerve though?

No you dodged all nerves, but when you come out with Moronic Dunphy Esque statements like above you will be pulled on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Boggles wrote: »
    I presume you mean when Ferguson was praising him coming up to the Carling Cup final last year? He stuck by his word and played him in the final, what direct quote from Ferguson about Gibson are or were you that shocked about?

SHOCK HORROR, MANAGER PRAISES YOUNG PLAYER. :rolleyes:
    No, I mean when Ferguson came out last week saying "his performances have been excellent". And my point is what appearances have these been? He's played like four times this season, and I don't remember him particularily setting the world alight in any of them
    Name one person on here or anywhere else that said he was a top midfielder? :confused:

I thought it was implied in MickL's post?
    MickL wrote:
    gibson has everyone talking in england

3 of the players you mention above are prodigies. 2 play in a different league.

Vela and Wellbeck are on about the same level at the moment from what I have seen.

What pedestal have I put Wellbeck on?

Not just you
    MickL wrote:
    Wellbeck is highly rated worldwide
    Wellbeck out of all the youth is being touted as the one that has the most potential.

Your the only one making sweeping statements to be fair.

Have you read the rest of the thread at all?
    Here is the original quote I was slagging (again). If you don't see a flaw in it, then we'll just have to agree to differ.
    MickL wrote:
    Wellbeck is highly rated worldwide.. and gibson has everyone talking in england..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Both quotes are equally stupid, and like I stated the truth is somewhere in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

tdv wrote: »
    I do hate the way he harps on about Arsenal being the be all & end all of eurpean football espically since they havent won anything since 2005 now isnt it?

And also the talk he dose about there youth system being the best in the world when clearly Barcelonas is miles ahead of everybody elses in Europe which is where Fabregas Arsenals best player came from. What player from Arsenals youth team has ever gone on to do anything of note?

Do you mean players who are brought in at 16 or brought in when they are 13?

The younger ones who became full England Internationals would be

Ashley Cole, David Bentley

Wenger looks like he will be key to England's future developing players like Theo Walcott and Kieran Gibbs into top players with European experience

Looks like he could be developing an English wonderkid too in Jack Wilshere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Do you mean players who are brought in at 16 or brought in when they are 13?

The younger ones who became full England Internationals would be

Ashley Cole, David Bentley

Wenger looks like he will be key to England's future developing players like Theo Walcott and Kieran Gibbs into top players with European experience

Looks like he could be developing an English wonderkid too in Jack Wilshere

Well its still nothing compared to Barcelonas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

tdv wrote: »
    Well its still nothing compared to Barcelonas.

Who said its better than Barcelona's?

Didn't hear Dunphy saying that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Who said its better than Barcelona's?

Didn't hear Dunphy saying that.

Well he said that Arsenals was the best in the world so its pretty much implied by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

NOM NOM NOM.... I'm glad my words are so tasty... :rolleyes:

Well done Gibson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

To all those who moan about Dunphy, I can guarantee you if he retired from punditry in the morning you'd all want him back in no time. Like him or love him, lets face it, football on RTE isnt half as interesting without him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I did a search on Dunphy/RTE, and this is the first thread I found to post this in.

George Hook himself was posting in the Rugby Forum (worth a read even if you don't follow rugby imo)

He posted this
    Hookindo wrote: »
    Columnists are paid to hold a view, not necessarily to be right. it is the reader's/listener's/viewer's job to agree or disagree.

that's very telling imo.

Mods, apologies for zombing a thread, but I thought it was relevant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Des wrote: »
    I did a search on Dunphy/RTE, and this is the first thread I found to post this in.

George Hook himself was posting in the Rugby Forum (worth a read even if you don't follow rugby imo)

He posted this

that's very telling imo.

Mods, apologies for zombing a thread, but I thought it was relevant

It's okay Des. George Hook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

04072511 wrote: »
    To all those who moan about Dunphy, I can guarantee you if he retired from punditry in the morning you'd all want him back in no time. Like him or love him, lets face it, football on RTE isnt half as interesting without him.

exactly, possibly the only reason for watching soccer on rte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

04072511 wrote: »

Agreed. Sometimes he is on the ball. A lot of the time he talks through his hole but you cannot the deny the man is entertaining. Given me plenty a laugh over the years. The whole panel have a great chemistry and dynamic. RTE analysis all the way BABY!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

eamo use to be my favourite but
    R. Whelan is just in a different league atm. The man talks alot of sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Eamo probably prints all these threads when he's asking for a pay rise out in Montrose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Headshot wrote: »

:eek:....must be a joke? surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

MickL wrote: »
    just now on the bulid up to the champions league game..
    he really doesnt know what he is talking about
    " Vidic- Wants a move away" a rummour that was put to bed by the player

Seems very likely at the moment

"Gibson - nobody knows what he is and shouldnt be in the Irish squad ahaed of Andy Reid"

Gibson has hardly set the world on fire since

"Wellbeck is unknown" wtf?

Now plying his trade at Preston

And united will have to spend more than the recieved from the ronaldo transfer because the kids are not up to it..Eh Eamon They only won the league cup against seasoned players last year

None of the kids have really made much impact this year. Nani has had a couple of good games. Jonny Evans looks quite good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

MickL wrote: »
    just now on the bulid up to the champions league game..
    he really doesnt know what he is talking about
    " Vidic- Wants a move away" a rummour that was put to bed by the player
    "Gibson - nobody knows what he is and shouldnt be in the Irish squad ahaed of Andy Reid"
    "Wellbeck is unknown" wtf?
    And united will have to spend more than the recieved from the ronaldo transfer because the kids are not up to it..Eh Eamon They only won the league cup against seasoned players last year
    He's right about most of those. Vidic is the only one that is dodgy. Hard to disagree with him on them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If you throw enough **** on the wall, some of it will stick. The amazing thing is, some people don't realise that Dunphy has pretty much said every single possible opinion on everything so that either way, if people want to think he has some idea of what the **** he's talking about, they can.

I am very thankful that the vast majority of regular users of this forum realise that he just talks ****, constantly, and even when he gets it right, it's just because he flings so much ****.

In fariness. Vidic saying he will stay at United doesn't mean poo. How many times did we hear Ronaldo say that? I'm not saying he will go but just pointing out that everything footballers say about their future must be taken with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

magma69 wrote: »
    In fariness. Vidic saying he will stay at United doesn't mean poo. How many times did we hear Ronaldo say that? I'm not saying he will go but just pointing out that everything footballers say about their future must be taken with a pinch of salt.

If Real move for Vidic in the summer and match the asking price it is a certainty that Vidic would move to Madrid.

Warper wrote: »
    If Real move for Vidic in the summer and match the asking price it is a certainty that Vidic would move to Madrid.

:confused:

rarnes1 wrote: »
    :confused:
    +1 That post gets a mega:confused: from me. How do you know it is a certainty he will leave if the opportunity arises? Have you spoken to him about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

no link but doesn't his wife hate england?
    I'm sure she would have a say

• Advertisement

EI111 wrote: »
    no link but doesn't his wife hate england?
    I'm sure she would have a say
    So not only is he Torres' bitch but his wife has him whipped too! Poor fella :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Fetches Torres his crutches is it....

+1 That post gets a mega:confused: from me. How do you know it is a certainty he will leave if the opportunity arises? Have you spoken to him about it?

No, I'm confused as it's a thread about Dunphy?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    No, I'm confused as it's a thread about Dunphy?
    Dunphy was making claims about Vidic leaving. Go to the previous page. All will be revealed.

Why would he stay at Utd. and not move to Real Madrid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Warper wrote: »
    Why would he stay at Utd. and not move to Real Madrid?

success?

apart from that; yes the weather, lifestyle and everything is probably a lot more pleasant.

SlickRic wrote: »
    success?

apart from that; yes the weather, lifestyle and everything is probably a lot more pleasant.

Lol - Madrid are the most successful club on the planet and are a bigger club than Man Utd. They have also a better team than Utd and I havnt even mentioned the money, lifestyle, weather, chicks etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

peabutler wrote: »
    Fetches Torres his crutches is it....

Completely off topic but just on your sig, when did Micah Richards sign for Inter? :confused:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Dunphy is a drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Completely off topic but just on your sig, when did Micah Richards sign for Inter? :confused:

:pac:
    Was just thinking the same thing! Uncanny Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Headshot wrote: »

I disagree, he just goes with the flow and doesn't offer anything insightful

Advertisement