Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keys changed on computer

• 25-11-2009 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

My cousin was telling me at the weekend that the @ key and the " had swapped on his computer last week.I thought it was some kind of program that had downloaded a U.S.A, style because I think these keys are different on American keyboards.Got home today and wife announced they have swapped on our computer,there was no E-mail or anything between the two computers so I am wondering is this a plot by the Americans to take over the @ keys of the world or is there a simpler cause?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

"You're as mad as a c@ in a h@"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options -> Languages tab -> details button

Make sure the Irish keyboard is selected. Its probably set to USA or some other country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options -> Languages tab -> details button

Make sure the Irish keyboard is selected. Its probably set to USA or some other country.
    +1

I'd be very surprised if this doesn't sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

The keyboard/language is set for Ireland It also happened to my cousin

The only thing added lately is AVG and exolorer 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

do you have the language bar active on taskbar (or floating on desktop)
    check the selected language in that too.

if you have no use for american language, just remove it and reboot also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Isn't there a default key-combo that can switch between keyboard layouts? When I install Windows the two keyboard layouts it offers are IE and US, I think there's a key-combo that can switch between these, so it might have been that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Ronin247 wrote: »
    Got home today and wife announced they have swapped on our computer,there was no E-mail or anything between the two computers so I am wondering is this a plot by the Americans to take over the @ keys of the world or is there a simpler cause?
    lol!

what BrokenArrows said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Problem solved.I had installed AVG and in the process removed the free Norton. There were a number of other issues appearing such as couldnt use adobe to open pdf files so I went to system restore to a point before the AVG install,removed norton and reinstalled AVG and rebooted.Hey presto keys back to normal and pdf files can be opened.

Not sure which side of the explorer 8 install I restored but so far no problems.

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

Advertisement