Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing is slipping?

• 25-11-2009 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hello all!

I have a problem. I recently got a piercing in a sensitive area (say no more :o).
    Anyway, everything's going grand except the top ball on the barbell is slipping into the piercing. Can anyone give any indication as to why this is? (I've asked a piercer friend already and she said she hasn't seen that happen before. And I can't go to my original piercer because I no longer live in the country.) Do I need to change to a bigger barbell? Or should I change to a ring? (I prefer the bar. It looks neater and is less likely to catch on things.)

Any advice is greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Presume it's a vch?

Just get a bigger ball for the jewellery, will stop it falling through?

That's my understanding of what's happening... i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Hmmmm.... I thought that might work too. I think what happened was, when the piercing was healing, the weight of the top ball forced the hole to become wider. And so now the hole is big enough to allow the ball to slip in? (If that makes sense?)

Anyway, I shall take your advice and get myself a bigger ball for the bar and see how that works out. Failing that, I'll get myself a ring.

Thanks dude! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If there's a reasonable amount of movement in those piercings, similar to male genital piercings, they can self stretch fairly easily. This is probably what's happened, and the options are to get a larger ball, or to increase the gauge of the jewellery (but that could lead to further self stretching if this is the issue)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

Maybe you could try a captive bead ring? one thats the right size, not too big, not too small, same guage as the barbell thats in it, might stop it slipping thru, plus, it will look good too.

Advertisement