Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking at getting an M3

• 25-11-2009 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭

hey guys,

looking at buying a Bmw M3 in January and have 16k to spend on one.

bar the looks of the car and the engine size etc i don't know what i should be looking for.

i've found this on carzone...http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/M3/M3-COUPE/200947195952020/advert?channel=CARS is there anything glaring obvious i should look for when i'm m3 shopping apart from obvious rebadges and what are peoples opinions on the car above?

obviously i could get the price down if paying in cash, but by how much do you think? would i be pushing it offering 11.5k for this particular car? offering low to settle somewhere closer to the asking price if needs be.

i know this car will be gone by the time i'm going to buy but will be looking for similar ones in January.

any sensible advice (no buy a glanza they're much better type of advice :P) would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I know you were looking at getting a 325.. So just with that in mind, have you ever drove an M3? It's an absolute beast compared to the 325.. Just something to bear in mind if you don't mind living with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

Have you taken into account the upkeep cost. I know a fella with one. he paid approx €700 for inspection2. and a few mts later he had to put a water pump in it, i think the pump was €600 for the part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

I have a current model OP so there's lots of stuff I can't comment on to do with the E46.

I nearly bought a 03 one in 2006 and didn't. Make SURE you get a decent spec one, if you can get one that was brought in from UK it'll more than likely have sat nav and TV, 19s etc...

I'd personally go for grey or carbon black, that red is nice enough but in an M3 I don't know.

Tax is a pain in the arse especially if you're like me and you don't do big miles (I've had mine since March and I've put 8,000kms on it) and tyres won't be cheap either.

Only true negative I can offer is idiots on the road that constantly want a race. Last Sunday I had some absolute gob****e in a Kia Ceed so close to my bumper in rain that I couldn't even see his headlights. They must know they won't get anywhere but still, they will try and it does get very frustrating.

I wouldn't worry about not having a choice in Jan, these cars aren't going to be snapped up by the bucket load or the faint hearted.

Advertisement