Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Caliper question

• 25-11-2009 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Hows peoples caliper knowledge?:)

Is the caliper a sealed unit or can the rubber gaitor over the piston be replaced if it's torn?

I'v a small tear in the rear of the missus car when it was snagged whiel changing pads.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Stekelly wrote: »
    Hows peoples caliper knowledge?:)

Is the caliper a sealed unit or can the rubber gaitor over the piston be replaced if it's torn?

I'v a small tear in the rear of the missus car when it was snagged whiel changing pads.

yep the boot can be changed, they do it all the time when reconditioning the seals in them.

You might have to buy the seals & boot, but still wouldn't cost that much. There's usually a metal clip/spring holding the boot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Excellent. TBH I was gearing myself up for a new caliper:) .

Now just to find the kit..... am i looking at dealers or motor fatcors does nayone know?

Cheers folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can probably source it online, try ebay and similar.
    Or go/ring to a factors and ask, they could order it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cheers again lads.

Been searchign online, it's not rovign the easiest thing to find.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

main dealer. Caliper Repair kit.

Advertisement