Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Factor Gay Romance/Scandal?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/2686896/Cheryl-Cole-says-get-behind-X-Factor-gays.html
    The Sun's words, not mine. Just thought it was an interesting choice of words.

I had a look at that and I'd just like to point something out.

The Sun created headline states "Cheryl: Get behind our X gays" - YET (strangely enough) nowhere IN the article does it actually say that or put those words in her mouth!
    They were clever enough not to quote her as exactly saying that in the article! :rolleyes:
    They paraphrase with a short headline! NOT THE SAME THING!

They quote exact sentences from Danni and some from Cheryl yet not once does Cole use the words you say she use!
    In fact all we have to claim that Cheryl might have used that "gay" word is the quickfire summarised headline that The Sun came up with and the correct quote below.

Her quoted words:

"You are what you are. You shouldn't have to explain either way, whether you're straight or gay. It shouldn't be an issue. "It should be a case of you're talented. People like you. Full stop. You shouldn't have to explain."

and

"It's still one of those issues people still seem to have. I'm glad shows like X Factor show all the different types of people out there."

...and thats it!!!

As before - where are these exact words? I'm getting tired of hearing things that others claim yet they cannot back up. She never said "get behind our gays".

On the actual show she told Danni off for knocking Danyl with her sly dig and said instead of knocking them, they (the judges) should all be standing up for our GUYS!
    This she said to a live audience. I and millions heard it ourselves. If I have to, I'll dig up a recording for you!

Please come back and produce CLEAR evidence for this supposed EXACT quote that only you seemed to have read somewhere and amid the millions that has watched and reported on this show, has gone over our heads and we all have amazingly missed!

Dannii, 37, caused fury when she spoke out after Danyl changed the gender of lyrics to Jennifer Hudson's And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going.
    She later apologised, saying she had not meant to cause offence. But the incident prompted more than 4,000 complaints with Simon Cowell banning any mention of sexuality on the show.

So far I have yet to see - hear anything that this ban has been broken by Cole.

Can you please stop this gay muck raking rubbish!
    Your the only one doing it here repeatedly without anything substantial to prove that anyone other than Danyl is gay!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

That_Guy wrote: »
    ...The Sun/Star and all those other rags come along and say "oh... there's not much news happening. Let's look at the X-Factor and drag two people through the dirt by saying they're gay".

You must be holding a hammer - you've hit the nail right on the head!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Biggins wrote: »
    You must be holding a hammer - you've hit the nail right on the head!

Bought fresh from Homebase. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 White-Teeth

Biggins: Like I said, the Sun's phrasing, not mine.

By the way, i have it on good authority that the News of the World was going to run with the Danyl/Lloyd story last Sunday. however, Cowell threatened to withdraw access to all contestants if they did.

Just wait till the show is over, that's all I'll say.

I'll bring back this thread when it all comes out -- excuse the phrasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Biggins: Like I said, the Sun's phrasing, not mine.

By the way, i have it on good authority that the News of the World was going to run with the Danyl/Lloyd story last Sunday. however, Cowell threatened to withdraw access to all contestants if they did.

Just wait till the show is over, that's all I'll say.

I'll bring back this thread when it all comes out -- excuse the phrasing.

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Danyl would swallow Lloyd.

Advertisement