Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swine flu vaccination clinic in raheen

Options
  • 25-11-2009 9:46pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, made an appointment to have my son aged 4 vaccinated for swine flu out in the clinic in raheen, apart from hassle trying to make an online appointment, I got there today at 3pm, my appt was for 3-4pm. there was a queue of people waiting outside the building, I spoke to the man at the door and he said that regardless of appointment everyone had to wait and the waiting rooms inside were full. We stood outside in the cold for 25mins before someone came out having had the vaccine, he had waited for 2hrs, his appointment was for 1.30. anyway I gave up and phoned my GP got an appointment straight away and was in and out in less than half an hour.
    why do they organise appointments and then just ignore them all. not fair to make young kids and the elderly wait for this length of time.

apparently its a bit quieter in the mornings and at lunchtime? be warned to expect long delays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I've heard from a lot of people that it's a joke out there with scheduling. Better off going to your GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Well what do you expect if HSE Administrators are suddenly asked to actually do some work this far into their 95K per annum Careers?

- I had to interact with 3 People during my visit and the 3 were unhelpful, ignorant and dismissive.

Didn't tolerate this, but was disappointed that they needed reminding of how to extend basic manners and courtesy to the very People who pay their ridiculous wages :mad:

Def. find a GP Folks & leave the HSE back to fiddling their expenses and bickering about their bullshít Career grades and lifestyle of extortion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

angeldaisy wrote: »
    apparently its a bit quieter in the mornings and at lunchtime? be warned to expect long delays.

I was there early in the morning there last week, still a good 2 hour wait to get the jab. A lot of moving from one waiting room to another, and taking tickets etc etc.

Advertisement