Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Levelling in PvP (AV)

• 25-11-2009 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

So I just managed to get my lvl 70 Hunter to lvl 80 in a little over 4 days of playing AV in the evenings/nights - which were mostly losses as I play Horde.

Just about to start doing the same now with my Shaman.

I really can't beleive how quick and easy it was to level while for the most part enjoying the pvp in AV.

Anyone else levelled up much in PvP since the change ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

levelled my rogue to 70 atm. play him every couple nights.

must have dinged in bgs for at least 20 levels.

insane xp, especially in av but theres fook all people doing it on my battlegroup at the lower brackets. ill try the 70 bracket 2moro night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

you can*borrow* a flying mount from the NPC's in Storm Peaks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

It was crazy fast leveling when they first introduced it, but i think its nerfed down now. Got my rogue to 80 though.

@ropedrink free mount

ye it rly is nerfed alot.

questing im sad to say is faster again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well its consistently changed every couple of weeks. They dont announce it because literally the forum would collapse.

The levelling at the moment though is back on a high.

Using two heirlooms, in the 70-79 bracket.

Each tower gives 15k xp, with drek and galv giving 19k. You then receive two bonus 19k bundles for a win and an extra 5k halfway through game.

Thats just over 100k for a win. I burst through two levels very quickly last week.

I mix it up, if I find I'm in a bad AVgroup I quest for an hour then try again, but the mix of pvp with pve is a lovely feature and making levelling my alts alot less tressful.

I am hoping to have my druid and paladin to 80 around christmas ( joy for month off)

And the fact I can just sit there and press jump every few minutes while guild chatting, makes it more win :)

I'd advise everyone to try some AV. One of my friends does AV at the start of the level till 30-40%, then does quests to 70-80% then finishes with AV.

Makes a lovely balance that wont bore the head of you and doesnt feel a grind.

I for one am very happy at this easy way to level, coupled with the new easy gear ocming in, making wow, again, shooting back to the top of the game playtime for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

TheDoc wrote: »
    And the fact I can just sit there and press jump every few minutes while guild chatting, makes it more win :)

Noooo, a leecher ! :mad::mad::mad:

To be fair though to Blizz, I was in AV and decided to pop down to make a cup of tea, was quick and all but by the time I'd got back I'd been booted from the BG and flagged as a chav deserter.

They've really lowered the amount of time it takes to be flagged, so long as people report the leechers, that leecher has 2 minutes to get into action or be booted - seems fair to me now, just a matter of enough people reporting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SolarStoned

TuringTest AFK Reporter

http://wowui.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=5064

best addon for leechers and yea i lvl'd my holy priest right up just doing AV from 72-78.

Hi to the guy from Azjol server I met in AV today from boards :)

So I hit 80 with the Shaman about 5 days ago, all from just doing AV and whatever experience I got from the daily's in WG when I was high enough to pick them up. Also came out geared up at 80 with 3 pieces of pvp gear from the honour earned and 2 pieces from WG (bracers + ring). Not bad going at all really.

Now to choose whether to level the Rogue or Warrior up in pvp next...

This really is too easy though and I wonder if it will get even easier once they set the bosses and npc levels in AV to their corrected levels rather than what they are now, which they didn't mean to leave them at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

You will have more fun with the rogue, especially in AV :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Hi to the guy from Azjol server I met in AV today from boards :)

Alright mate :D

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    Alright mate :D

dermo ya nub get over to my realm!

My Druid is close to level, been bursting levels through av, its really unreal

if your winning its rly good, but if your not its a bit meh, i just do it while im playing cod on xbox and get some nice xp

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

TechnoPool wrote: »
    dermo ya nub get over to my realm!

It'd cost so much to switch main+an alt or 2 over! Although I would like to win more than 1 in 10 AV's for a change...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

you still need to be level 51 to enter AV? i hate the slog from 30 - 60...

lazygit wrote: »
    you still need to be level 51 to enter AV? i hate the slog from 30 - 60...

I did Warsong gulch on my rogue, was whopper xp in there, was geting nearly 40% per victory, dont know what it is now

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    It'd cost so much to switch main+an alt or 2 over! Although I would like to win more than 1 in 10 AV's for a change...

I switched my Mage over to alliance on Draenor, won I reckon 90% of AV games, usually in less than 10 minutes. You know how it is, you play on the same battlegroup, alliance generally rule AV in the 80 bracket as AV is so much in their favour in so many ways.

Thing is though, couple weeks later I switched my mage back to Horde. I just could not put up with it, my ignore list was jammed in about 3 days from beggars and the general level of maturity on alliance (on Draenor anyway) is just god awfully low.

I find though that the 70 to 79 AV bracket can be pretty balanced at times even on our battlegroup but wonder if that will change when blizz lower the level of the bosses and npc's.

nix wrote: »
    You will have more fun with the rogue, especially in AV :)

True that. Can't do much at 70 though so guess I'll just run around sapping alliance to annoy them rather than just charging them with my warrior and running off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Oh you can have super fun with rogue in AV, ninjaing back towers. Its amazing what you can get away with, ive ninja'd back towers when people thought they were secure with 20 seconds to go before its capped, they drop down to mount take 3 steps and i recap the tower in the nick of time.

Also you can have alot of fun on alliance bridge especially at christmas with the snow balls, just stealth on the edge of the middle of the bridge as someone is running across, snow ball them and watch them fly off to their doom.

hummm thats it, im transferring/faction changing my rogue back home, its decided!

Hummm, to go back to human or go with gnome or dwarf ? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How is the low level exp? Took me paladin from 70 to 80 through AV but I've a hunter at 33 that I'd like to level now. I've got both the heirloom exp pieces on him too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Levelling in AV isnt so good on my realm/balltegroup. Dont get that many games outside of peak hours, and we lose more then we win. Sometimes we barely even manage to cap the first 2 towers. I find questing in certain areas, especially Icecrown, is much faster. Almost 79 with my Warlock now.
    Nehaxak wrote: »
    so guess I'll just run around sapping alliance to annoy them
    This is so much fun. I'll often log in my Rogue and just piss people off rather then actually try and kill them. I think playing a Rogue brings out my inner asshole :D

How is the low level exp? Took me paladin from 70 to 80 through AV but I've a hunter at 33 that I'd like to level now. I've got both the heirloom exp pieces on him too.

can only do AV at 60 IIRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

AV is more of a PvE race rather than PvP. Doesnt really escape the idea of grinding on mobs for leveling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

TechnoPool wrote: »
    can only do AV at 60 IIRC

53 i think isnt it

ah yeah theres a 51-60 AV, 60 AV, 61-69 AV , 70 AV , 71 -79 AV, 80 AV!

It all depends on whether or not your battlegroup is active enough to bother trying to level in pvp at all really, otherwise it can just be frustrating waiting around on games to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Was ok xp... maybe if there wasnt so many retards on horde we might actually have won a few games... its fun as a ele shaman, can pretty much defend towers by myself, bait them round the tower and then ****ing pew them off with thunderstorm. Its funny if you stand on the right tower on horde base, you can knock them off and they get totally ****ed by the fall distance, and even if they live they have to run for ages to get back HAHAHA.

That or knocking them off the bridge in the alliance base.

TBH tho its sooo much easier as alliance, even just taking the towers is alot easier

Starting with my mage now who is in the 50 breacket

4% for drek and galv
    4% per tower

Thats 24% of your level from doing the objectives

Then its another 10% bonus for victory

34% of your level for just winning an AV.

Granted it takes alonger to finish and harder to win in the 50 brackets, I got a nice group this morning that wont 6 games in not to long and dinged close to 3 levels.

Its just more fun then questing

However mix it up with instances, questing and pvp and I've got fun levelling ahead, granted maybe slower, but more fun and thats the important thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭hk797

Enjoy it while it lasts. Once 3.3 hits BG leveling will be nerfed as per 3.3 patch notes. Might hit as early as this Wednesday so use it for what time is left.
    Battlegrounds

* Battleground Experience: Battleground experience gained is now based on the level of the player gaining experience, rather than the highest possible player level in that Battleground.

Advertisement