Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thank you, thank you DSPCA

Options
  • 25-11-2009 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

i just wanted to say thank you to DSCPA and highlight what great work they do

On Monday i got home to find our dog has escaped from the garden and had wondered off. Frantically looking all over Marino (tks you to all residents who let me look in their garden and back lanes) we were advised by the garda st that a dog matching ours was found in Fairview park by kids (huge thank you) and had been hit by car. The Garda rang the DSCPA and was brought him to the DSPCA centre in rathfarnham. WE collected him the following morning. thankfuly he only has cuts and swelling no fractures or broken bones.
    A massive thank you to the DSCPA - thank you, thank you thank you

Paula

:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Dmighty

I'm glad you found your dog, not many people find there pets when they go missing, i had a cat for 13 years (he was a outdoor cat but came indoor most of the time at night) he was hit by a car and i found him in my shed lying down as i was looking for him to feed him just before i went to school, his leg was broken but i found him just in time and my parents brought him to the vets, he was fine but his leg was turned out when he walked and he became very slow, i was so happy and felt as if i saved him in a way, 4 years later he was fighting with a new kitten we got because he was jealous so i got angry and put him outside for the night the next morning i was looking for him to feed him, he normally comes when i bang a tin of food and call him, i searched the estate where i live with my dad, i found him around the corner dead from being hit by a car on the road, i felt very guilty because i got angry with him and felt it was my fault, if i kept him inside that night he might still be here, i loved him to bits. Still though im glad your dog is ok. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Dmighty wrote: »
    ...i felt very guilty because i got angry with him and felt it was my fault, if i kept him inside that night he might still be here, i loved him to bits. Still though im glad your dog is ok. :)

Please don't lacerate yourself; we all do things we later regret under pressure..

You did the best you could at the time..

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Dmighty

Graces7 wrote: »
    Please don't lacerate yourself; we all do things we later regret under pressure..

You did the best you could at the time..

thanks graces... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jjjade

my brother gave away his dog a few years ago due to work. he couldnt give the dog the time it deserved and gave it away to a family member. he went away on a long weekend 2 years ago and he came home to find a dog living in the empty kennel out the back. the poor little fella got hit by a car and found shelter there. my brother brought him to the vet and he had a broken leg. he reported the dog found incase the owners were looking for him, no one was looking for him :( due to work being less demanding he kept the dog. didnt the dog escape last year august, brother rang around the shelters, garda, every1 u ring and went searchin but no joy. by chance in NOV he was looking at DAR (drogheda animal rescue) website and who was just found. so never give up hope if your dog is lost. my brother still has him, bet he will never escape again as my brother rescued a westie and they are as happy with each other :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Nice to hear a few happy endings, maybe we should start a thread for the happy stories, there's so many bad ones lately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement